West TN turkeys??

JFields101

This will be my first serious year turkey hunting, mostly because I missed all of deer season and I got the itch something BAD :D. But I have just now really got into it, and it is awesome. My question to you guys, without revealing any secrets of course, is there any nice public WMAs to turkey hunt? I have deer hunted the Obion River WMA ALOT..the side going to Martin, and way back off Sidonia area(spelling?). As far as I know some of these fields backed up to the swamps and rivers would be good, but just wondering if you guys had any luck in any of them? Or if you knew of any other spots that would be worth trying out? Thanks :D oh..and I'll be starting my active duty leave during the season, so I'm thinking of maybe trying out the Milan arsenal, I've seen some nice birds taken from there too...any pointers there would help too! appreciate it!

scope eye

I hunt Obion River WMA almost exclusively. There are a few birds there, but a ton of hunters. So many hunters in fact, I've never had a call work, it only scares them. Most birds killed there just happen to be walking by when they are shot. If you have some hip boots, try down around the boat ramp across from Hop In. There aren't as many hunters, but if it has rained you might have to swim. ;)

chrmayo

I have yet to hunt any of these places but would like to give it a try. A friend of my dads killed a gobbler first time he stepped on Beech Ridge last year. Also he killed a nice on on Bean Switch. Of course he is unemployed so he spent several mornings at Bean Switch. Have heard the birds are hard to work as scope eye mentioned. Good luck with it.

eddie c

Natchez Trace will be state-wide area this year. it has been draw only for several years. they have a good supply of birds, just have to do your foot work.

Latest posts