Corn and Turkeys

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I don't hunt turkeys. Last one I killed was in the Black Hills of South Dakota about 55 years ago. I was talking to a pal in Crossville a couple of days ago and he was laughing that all the birds he has been scouting up in fields have gone radio silent and disappeared. He figures the baiting crowd has them baited up and is waiting for the season to open. Aren't Conservation Officers (game wardens) at TWRA disadvantaged if they can't investigate bait sites on private land?

knightrider

I don't hunt turkeys. Last one I killed was in the Black Hills of South Dakota about 55 years ago. I was talking to a pal in Crossville a couple of days ago and he was laughing that all the birds he has been scouting up in fields have gone radio silent and disappeared. He figures the baiting crowd has them baited up and is waiting for the season to open. Aren't Conservation Officers (game wardens) at TWRA disadvantaged if they can't investigate bait sites on private land?
Yep ,a poachers dream!!

Hymie3

They have disappeared behind my house. Subdivision down the road is probably overran with them in the back yards filling up on yellow and bird seed…

killingtime 41

It was hard pressed any of that got investigated before. Now it will be non existent. Basically poachers got the green light. They already acted like they had the green light now they really do.

CATCHDAWG

The "corners" have been doing so for weeks.

What your friend is seeing is probably the normal breakup of flocks as mating goes full blown and nesting begins.
This. Here, where I live in the southeast, hens are single and traveling. Obviously looking for nesting sites. Gobblers are in pairs or three's. Sometimes a single. Haven't seen a big flock in a couple of weeks.

DoubleRidge

What your friend is seeing is probably the normal breakup of flocks as mating goes full blown and nesting begins.
^agree^ and....

Sure there are slobs who cheat and have no regard for whats best for wildlife and are only focused on serving themselves ...but majority of what is being seen is normal breakup of flocks.

Latest posts