Alabama turkeys

nate17

They are tough no doubt

You can hunt right up until 1. She was wrong. I wonder what county that was. I've been checked many times after 1 or even 12 when it was noon and as long as you wasn't calling and walking to the truck you were fine.
I've slept since this happened but if my memory serves me right, it was Bibb County. I was more concerned about killing turkeys than challenging her so I went about my way but I wonder how many people have paid this citation from this person or one of her peers and never thought to challenge it in court because of their position of authority.

Huntaholic

I just got back this afternoon from AL. We hunted 3 days and I killed 2 longbeards but I will wholeheartedly agree with what everybody says about them! THEY ARE TOUGH! I cut my teeth hunting Catoosa back in the early 80s and once I learned how, I typically killed as many there as the limit allowed for several years until the regs changed and we could kill 4 statewide. I told my wife a few weeks ago that I was missing hunting up there. When I called her last night I told her that I had changed my mind, them AL birds scratched my itch for hunting REAL turkeys lol. I think in the last 34 years this made the 7th time Ive hunted AL and this is the FIRST time Ive killed a bird there! I havent hunted down there in probably 20 years so I guess I learned a little since the last time but the BIGGEST factor was getting on private land that doesnt get hammered to death.

REN

for me at least a big part of it was the terrain. Pine forests, creek bottoms, pine tickets, lack of fields and all mostly fat. just no rhyme or reason for what they do when they decide to do it. Always found places like TN much more predictable and easier to navigate. Turkeys here seem to follow a more easy to understand pattern. thats not to say they are easy but for whatever reason they are easier to predict movement paths.

Latest posts