West Tn rut report

TNReb

I had a small 4 pt (1.5 yr old) chasing a doe in Henry Co Saturday evening. The doe was keeping her distance and wanted nothing to do with him. He chased use for a solid 15 minutes while I watched.

Sunday morning I saw 9 does and not a single buck.

Engine2c

I haven't seen anything to get me too fired up. I think it's a little early still, at least for my place.

Bullfrog

It was like day and night, between Saturday and Sunday on our place. Saturday, bucks of all ages on their feet, hanging around does and cruising. Sunday was the complete opposite, and i'd had thought Sunday would've been a better day. My buddy has this idea that the eclipse had them messed up. lol

log72

Live in Milan area & the drive to work has shown no activity. I personally don't notice a pick up in activity till the next 2 weeks roughly anyhow.

BHC

Poser said:
-still too early for West TN. You'll see some random chasing, especially young bucks and the occasional older deer, but pre rut activity is what I'll be looking for at least until the last 7-10 days of the month: Bucks checking scrapes in the late morning and scent checking the perimeters of their bedding areas as well. the hours between 9 and 12 become increasingly critical this time of year as bucks who have bedded down before light, will get back up to perform these tasks.

Agree 100%

W.Seay

Poser said:
-still too early for West TN. You'll see some random chasing, especially young bucks and the occasional older deer, but pre rut activity is what I'll be looking for at least until the last 7-10 days of the month: Bucks checking scrapes in the late morning and scent checking the perimeters of their bedding areas as well. the hours between 9 and 12 become increasingly critical this time of year as bucks who have bedded down before light, will get back up to perform these tasks.

X3

Boll Weevil

Just for the sake of bored-on-a-Friday-afternoon dialogue, when do you typically see the peak of chasing and trailing? If I had to pick a window it'd be the week of Thanksgiving; maybe a few days before and few days after.

WRbowhunter

I saw three bucks still grouped up last Saturday evening. But scrapes are starting to pop up. In the past 3 years I saw plenty of buck activity the 2nd weekend of MZ season. Hoping for a good weekend as its been a very uneventfull for me this season so far.

TN Whitetail Freak

Seen a 6 point feeding and a group of 5 does by 10 am.....the bigger does were boxing there babies when.coming through i was thinking this was an indicator of rutting activity because older does run off their yound when approaching their mating cycle.....other than that jist started seeing scrapes.....this is at Obion River WMA in weakley co

in the dog house

Here in Lauderdale Co. It is usually around 10th through 20th from what I have seen. I guess because we are a little further north. Looking forward to next week with mid week temps in the mid 20s. Should be an interesting week :)

W.Seay

Boll Weevil said:
Just for the sake of bored-on-a-Friday-afternoon dialogue, when do you typically see the peak of chasing and trailing? If I had to pick a window it'd be the week of Thanksgiving; maybe a few days before and few days after.

For Somerville, November 20 thru December 5 is when I always see the mature bucks up and cruising. If I had to pick my favorite window it would be November 20 thru November 28

Super8

2 more days of observation and I will have more info.

So far it is so sporatic Im not sure what is going on.

Sorry Im talking about middle TN to Clarksville.
Just noticed this is a West TN question.

DaveB

As of this past weekend literally nothing in west Fayette county. No scrapes. Does acting normal, moving at all hours. Not worried based on last two years.

Bottom Hunter

MZ is when I begin taking down info......I enjoy that.

I expect to see a few deer this morning , but my hopes are more for 10-14 days from now....

But, hey, you never know, right?

Latest posts