Went rabbit hunting!!

cecil30-30

Well me and Mike243 went rabitt hunting this morning and let me say it was cold!!First rabitt was holed up and the dogs was barking in the hole at it and it came out of the hole and ran a 100 yards or so and holed up again,never to be seen again.Then we got 1 or 2 more up that we never saw that went to a hole.Then the last one,well, i missed it,it was running straight at me and i missed it.Couldn't find my saftey on the gun.Thought i would tell this before mike got to lie about me.j/k!!I think that it was just too cold.But i had a blast.BTW this was the first time i had ever meet a tndeer member.

mike243

i had a great time too as did my dogs,it done us all good to get out,now i wasnt going to tell about you missing 2 shots :D but i guess you let the rabbit out of the bag :whistle: :grin: we'll do it again here shortly ,mike243

birddoginQ

sure was cold. went grouse hunting this morning aswell. My dog ran through a creek and ended up with ice balls all over her chest. Thermometer read 6 degrees @ catoosa.

BUCKYJR

cold...cold my dad and i also went on saturday and jumped 2 (although we were actually hunting squirrel) and ended up w/ 1 younger wabbit!

cecil30-30

mike243 said:
i had a great time too as did my dogs,it done us all good to get out,now i wasnt going to tell about you missing 2 shots :D but i guess you let the rabbit out of the bag :whistle: :grin: we'll do it again here shortly ,mike243
Yeah,we definatly need to go agian before the seasons over and when it is a little more warmer.BTW, i did go to BSF and hunted hogs yesterday.I seen some sign but no piggies.I walked the souls off of my boots(at least it felt like it).I went to the Joe Branch area.

iowavf

Going out tomorrow myself. Suppose be around 32 and with fresh snow it will be good. First time out with my new beagle, that might be interesting.

PickettSFHunter

Im not rubbing it in I promise, our usual harvests have been getting lower and lower every year. When a good hunt used to be 20 rabbits and now a good hunt is 5 rabbits it sure does make things seem crappy. For us the main problem is just finding places that people havent cleaned up for horses or for just good looks.

Latest posts