Went looking Friday

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I went and hit one of my creeks Friday afternoon.
Figured it would be a good time since all the heavy rains / flooding has recently passed and water has gone down.
I haven't walked this creek in 10 years probably and it used to produce very well.
Best day my buddy and I ever had was 12 points in one day from about a mile long stretch.

I walked maybe a half mile one direction then jumped out and went back to the truck via the road.

Lots of brush to climb over and enough sand to cover Panama City. :shock:

Didn't find any arrowheads and didn't even see anything that made me do a double take. :bore:

Very disappointed as I didn't see any fresh tracks so I know I was the first to hit it after all the big rains.
One thing for sure, I am way bad out of shape and OLD. :(
Oh well, it was a beautiful afternoon anyway.

cbhunter

Definitely lots of sand in all the creeks right now. Learned that the hard way riding 4 wheelers at Natchez Trace a couple weeks ago. We done a LOT of winching that day.
Back to the subject at hand, I think its been about 6 years since I picked up a point. need to get out more. lol

dg7080

I would have thought it would have been a good time to look on one of those washed out creeks...

I am waiting on my neighbor to bust up his dove field.. it wont be long till he does and it's always got something laying on top..

tree_ghost

Where I grew up in Ga our land was a sacred place for the Etowah Indian nation. I used to love finding points and knifes. We found a axe head onetime and lots of broken pottery. It has been years since I kicked up a creek bed hunting points but would love to do it. I'm not versed in the Indian tribes of middle Tennessee or their geographical locations. Anyone got some information on maps of the Indian nations here? Might give me an idea of where to go looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockhound

tree_ghost":35v61pub said:
Where I grew up in Ga our land was a sacred place for the Etowah Indian nation. I used to love finding points and knifes. We found a axe head onetime and lots of broken pottery. It has been years since I kicked up a creek bed hunting points but would love to do it. I'm not versed in the Indian tribes of middle Tennessee or their geographical locations. Anyone got some information on maps of the Indian nations here? Might give me an idea of where to go looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anywhere there is natural water with a high spot beside it will produce points, native Americans were here 10,000 years before tribes were around

Latest posts