Went for trout that were stocked 2 days ago

catman529

No pics of anything to show. When I got there, there were 2 cars plus mine. When I left there were about 10 cars. One guy in the middle with his kids caught 13 trout total, a few guys were wading around in their chest waders (kind of ticked me off) and I was trying to squeeze in between everyone and also find other holes where people weren't fishing. Well the fish haven't moved much yet in 2 days (the really good hole just downstream was empty), and the guy and his kids who caught 13 were using the same bait as me, aka canned sweet corn with a bobber...

So maybe in the morning or early afternoon on Monday when everyone's at work I will go out and catch some. Great being in college and on winter break with a part time job...I can go fishing and hunting when most people are at work.

BTW this is on the Harpeth River in Franklin TN.

MidTN

Hey Catman, I stood at the base of the falls on the bank last year and caught my limit. Cast about five feet out into the falls. Hooked one everytime.

catman529

MidTN that sounds great....if I dont get em where people were catching them yesterday (about 20 yards downstream from the falls) then I will move straight up to the falls. Assuming people aren't already there taking the spots.

Got to run...I'm headed out now.

Blount County Hunter

Yea they seem to like churning water, I caught some really nices on the little river up under old mills, caught a lot of nice smallmouth there to, try casting a rooster tail and reel it just enough to make it spin, they seem to not be able to resist it

Latest posts