Stocked up

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I was almost out.
Finally made it to Paducah and stocked up.
They have none left.
Should get me through the Fall.
IMG_0319.jpeg

redblood

No. 1/64th ounce trout magnet jig head. Steady slow retrieve.
Most effective with crappie but big bream will hit them.
Yall must have shallow lakes. We caught a cooler full of big crappie saturday and not a one less that 16 ft deep. Most were suspended 18 to 24. Its hard for a 1/32 to get that deep even with a painfully slow retrieve after a 15 count.

1/16 is much more productive for us.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yall must have shallow lakes. We caught a cooler full of big crappie saturday and not a one less that 16 ft deep. Most were suspended 18 to 24. Its hard for a 1/32 to get that deep even with a painfully slow retrieve after a 15 count.

1/16 is much more productive for us.
A lot of times I am fishing in about 10' of water.
Gotta watch that line too, that subtle twitch on the fall has made many a fish meet their demise.

WTM

Never seen chartreuse/ white
it says chartreuce but its actually white on the bottom with green flake on the back. it imitates emerald shiners but im down to my last half jar and probably order some of the new colors, watermelon and emerald shiner colors and some red micro angle worm.

IMG_1471.jpeg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok. I have bought grubs for years. All i have ever really fished .i have a wuestion- why are they in a jar?
I am assuming the liquid they are in adds scent to them and keeps them moist.
They dry out and turn to leather if you leave them on your hook.
OH and they taste like crap too.

I just wish the jars wouldn't leak.
Best thing I have found is a glass garlic bottle to keep them in.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
it says chartreuce but its actually white on the bottom with green flake on the back. it imitates emerald shiners but im down to my last half jar and probably order some of the new colors, watermelon and emerald shiner colors and some red micro angle worm.

View attachment 194253
I will look this afternoon, I may have a jar of those.

Atchman2

I have a hard time keeping some of them on the hook. I had some of the like grey and white ones and they were wonderful. The black and white ones are fragile.

BTW how do you rig them?

Ditto about the leaking. Even the soft packets leak. I couldn't figure out why my little bream tackle thing stunk and was goopy and then I saw that I left a pack of them in it.

I did buy a bottle of the juice to fill them back up.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have a hard time keeping some of them on the hook. I had some of the like grey and white ones and they were wonderful. The black and white ones are fragile.

BTW how do you rig them?

Ditto about the leaking. Even the soft packets leak. I couldn't figure out why my little bream tackle thing stunk and was goopy and then I saw that I left a pack of them in it.

I did buy a bottle of the juice to fill them back up.
The ones in the packages are ALOT more fragile than in the jars.
I use a 1/64th ounce trout magnet jig head.

Atchman2

The ones in the packages are ALOT more fragile than in the jars.
I use a 1/64th ounce trout magnet jig head.
I have a bunch of 1/64th jig heads. I ordered some without the "holder" thing because that seems to mess them up over more. A lot of the times I don't even thread them on, I just hook them any old way. I've been using my ultralight and love the fight on it. I caught a big Skipjack the other day and thought I was going to have to net it. :)

My jigheads just have the normal round top and a plain hook. I can't imagine that the trout magnet would be much different. I'll order some just in case though. Thanks for the advice.

Atchman2

I ordered some and will give them a try. I did get some of the green gulp minnows the other day at Big Fish Outfitters. They were in the pack and even more fragile! The ones that work the best for me are the lighter grey/silver and white.

I have started when the bottles get low of bait, just putting a bunch of different packs in the jars. Easier to pick them out of the jar instead of those stupid packs. I have to admit I catch more bluegill on them with just a bobber, bb shot and small hook. Way more than when I cast with the jigs. I even got my old pole out. No reel even! However throwing the Ultralight with the jigs is more fun for me.

TNCharlie

Noticed several complaining about the leaky Gulp minnow jars. Yes, messy and aggravating. All of the Gulp bait jars are like that.

I've tried several fixes. I won't bother to tell the things that didn't work, but here's what has worked best for me. Not perfect but it is a huge inprovement.

Once you've broken the seal on the jar, keep that seal and use it when you close the jar. Before you screw the top back on cover the top of the jar with a piece of plastic wrap, large enough to cover the threads on the jar plus enough to extend below the top. Screw the top over the plastic wrap.

As I said, not absolutely perfect but much better than having them leak all over the place.

Latest posts