Well Shiver Me Timbers!

bowriter

R.I.P.
Just got a call from a crossbow company. Seems they want me to shoot one of their products. Told them I would think it over for next year.

Plenty happy with the one I am shooting now but you never know how things will work out. I know they make a super product casue I killed a nice deer in Canada with one some years ago.

recurve60#

Ugh..crossbows. Hate'em

If ya don't have legs, wheelchair bound or whatever...fine go gett'em. Other than that modern bows at 45lbs shoot what 1990's bows shot at 60lbs.

I just hate that I gotta keep my eye on people with a crossbow when hunting. Hunting with some buds a while back... turned around to see a cocked xbow with a 100gr Thunderhead staring at me.!!!!!! I went balistic to say the least. Bowhunted my whole life fellas and never have I ever had that feeling during bow season....I should never have that feeling again either. . Bow season is a time ya don't have to worry about which way a gun is pointing. Crossbows changed that.

recurve60#

Legal is fine man... it just scared the bejesus outta me and right then I realized after 30 yrs of bowhunting that I had never had to worry about what was pointed at me in bow season. that's all.

I dont think it is any better of a weapon at all..its just now its a safety thing to me.

rem270

recurve60# said:
Legal is fine man... it just scared the bejesus outta me and right then I realized after 30 yrs of bowhunting that I had never had to worry about what was pointed at me in bow season. that's all.

I agree with you about it making you nervous when its cocked back. I dont chocolate chip cookie mine back until right before i climb in my stand and attach it to the pull rope. Even in my stand i make sure im real careful with it.

bowriter

R.I.P.
LOL- I am disabled. However, I fully support their use for everyone. If I did not have to use one, I certainly wouldn't. But I would like to know how youo happened to see a cocked crossbow with arrow loade4d pointed at you. Were you riding ina truck with one in that shape or something?

They are of no danger whatsoever even when cocked until you put an arrow in them. No way that should happen until you are in a stand. Unless you were in a stand with someone, I can't see it happening. Seems your problem should be with the individual, not the equipment. Oddly enough recurve, the number of crossbow accidents is equal to or just slightly behind the number of accidents with traditional equipment in Ohio, a state with a long history of crossbows and a high number. I have always had a problem figuring that out.

Anyway, they are legal for all in TN, have been for some time with few reported incidents and almost no appreciable increase in kill. So, unless there is a miracle, I will continue to shoot mine and still be able to enjoy bowhunting.

Public land rat

i remember the older bow hunters complaining about compound bowhunters. "going to ruin the sport". I hunt with a long bow, i made from a cumberland county hickory tree, a compound and a xbow. If someone wants to hunt with whatever i wish them the best of luck. Whatever helps u be succesful and harvest cleanly

Latest posts