Well, maybe even older school

Wiley

I had my RCBS 505 beam scale out the other day and one thing about it that has always bothered me is how light it is. It's plenty accurate but seems cheaply made. SO, I went-a-lookin for a vintage Ohaus 1010 and found one on eBay. All original, in the original box with the original instruction manual and the dust cover and absolutely perfect condition. USPS ( I KNOW! 😵‍💫 ) delivered it today and it's definitely a keeper. Light years ahead of the 505. It's heavy for its size and everything about it just makes a bold, old school quality statement. I checked it with a known weight calibration weight and it zeros fast and repeatedly returns to zero or to the known weight setting. Now to find a gap in busy crap so I can do some loading.

Wiley

Get some epoxy, and glue a few heavier bullets inside the base of the 505, that help give it some weight.
I had considered that a long time ago but always drug the GemPro out and used it instead. Then it got a little squirely and then all this weekend it was as stable as when brand new. I didn't load anything with it but would have trusted it after it didn't move off zero for 2 days and nights.

Back to the 505, I'll probably add weight to it and leave it in it's box as a backup. But I swear, I just can't praise the 1010 enough!