Had to go old school....

Wiley

I have 2 digital scales to weigh powder, bullets, etc when loading ammo. As Roy D Mercer would say one of 'em is "supposed to be a damn goodun". Well, today they both fluctuated back and fort about 2 grains. I recalibrated and they kept fluctuating. Never had anything remotely similar to happen. Then it dawned on me that less than 1/2 mile north of me and the same distance southeast of me there are site prep crews rolling and doing vibratory compaction on 2 building sites. I can occasionally feel the vibrations through my floor. So, out came the old reliable RCBS 505 beam scale and the rounds are now loaded. More proof that old/analog/mechanical still has its place and always will.

Lone Hunter

I've got two digital scales and don't use either one of them. I reverted back to my RCBS 10/10 and love it. I trust it but I never have trusted electronic scales. I also don't shoot and load as much as I used to. Like Jcalder I only use them for weight sorting.

Wiley

I have always liked my GemPro for it's ability to weigh down to the hundredth of a grain. And I would frequently check it with the calibration weight when loading. I believe I'll send it in for an overall checkup/calibration and then see about continuing to use it. I may also be looking at a dispenser of some type next year. Something under $500.

Tenntrapper

As the crow flies, we live 2+ miles from Cherokee dam. If they are generating, or letting water over the spill gates, we hear nothing.
Occasionally, they will let water under the dam. I don't know what this is for, but it must reverberate through the bedrock, because we can hear and feel it here. Sounds like a train.
That said, I can relate to your issue with the ground prep vibration. Weird how that works.

DaveB

I've got two digital scales and don't use either one of them. I reverted back to my RCBS 10/10 and love it. I trust it but I never have trusted electronic scales. I also don't shoot and load as much as I used to. Like Jcalder I only use them for weight sorting.

Since like 1985 my RCBS 10/10 has loaded more than 10,000 rounds and I trickle in every last one, exact.

You may have a fluorescent light on same circuit. Or, as you noticed, not all scales are alike. Or worth a hoot.

Latest posts