Weird Squirrel Hunts

cruff10

Wow... I Killed 2 squirrels on saturday, and sunday afternoon I killed 1 and my brother inlaw killed 1.

what is so weird? There is no food, no acorns, the squirrels are NOT cutting, they are in the Oaks like they are waiting for the food to appear.

How are we killing them? Walking thru the woods and stalking them when they bark. The leaves are so cruchy they are barking 75 yards away from us then the stalk begins.

Never have seen a squirrel season like this....

NO NUTS no cutting...

4onaside

Interesting. Not because there are no nuts in the woods, which is what we have been hearing since the big freeze, but because my son has a big hickory in his yard in the city(Jackson) which is covered up with nuts(and, of course, squirrels). You might say that it is warmer in the city(granted, it is), but we had two or three nights of low twenties, and lost all of the new leaves at the time, so....???????

turftech28

i have been hunting all last week and have not seen ant thing not even good deer sighns i fount one spot with a few acorns on the ground but still no tree rats or deer this is on the wma

Buck_fever

I HAVE BEEN ALL LAST WEEK AND KILLED 6 BY MYSELF AND THERE ARE TONS OF ACORNS. I HAVE SEEN A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN 6 BUT IT SO MUCH GREEN IN THE LEAVES ARE STILL OUT I CANT GET A SHOT OF MOST OF THE TIMES

4onaside

Buck_fever said:
I HAVE BEEN ALL LAST WEEK AND KILLED 6 BY MYSELF AND THERE ARE TONS OF ACORNS. I HAVE SEEN A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN 6 BUT IT SO MUCH GREEN IN THE LEAVES ARE STILL OUT I CANT GET A SHOT OF MOST OF THE TIMES
Were you hunting on the park?

4onaside

population control said:
when you say park , are you talking about shelby forest ?
Yes. His location is listed as "Shelby Forest", which is the area adjacent to the State Park/WMA in NW Shelby County. In my younger years, I spent every opening day there. Great squirrel hunting. I lived most of my life 13 miles from there, and those of us who hunted there regularly either called it "Shelby" or the "park".

population control

4onaside said:
population control said:
when you say park , are you talking about shelby forest ?
Yes. His location is listed as "Shelby Forest", which is the area adjacent to the State Park/WMA in NW Shelby County. In my younger years, I spent every opening day there. Great squirrel hunting. I lived most of my life 13 miles from there, and those of us who hunted there regularly either called it "Shelby" or the "park".

how do you think i knew what you was talking about ;)

Latest posts