Weatherby Vanguard

ETN Deer

I've got a Weatherby Vanguard 270 win w a 24" barrel. Near mint and best I can tell was manufactured between 1984-1994. It's near mint with an era correct Redfield. Any ideas on the value?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0942.jpeg
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 12

C1295

I have seen this go for about 800-900 dollars on auctions online. Beauitful rifle!

BuckWild

Beautiful setup. I'd say at least $900 in that condition.

I had one years ago and it was a real shooter. You may not be aware, but they had a safety recall on these back in the late 1980's. The bolt was recalled. They send you the part with instructions on how to disassemble and reassemble the bolt.

If you haven't had that done, contact Weatherby customer service. They will let you know if your rifle is on the list.

cbhunter

Killed some great bucks with one. And yes on the recall. They can potentially go off when closing the bolt. Never had that issue but that's what the recall states if I recall correctly. Awesome guns

Dennis

That's the Vanguard deluxe model. I had one just like it. It was sub moa as I bet this one is

Harold Money jr

I have one in .270 Winchester. They're great rifles, I didn't hunt with mine for several years then said why own a gun and not hunt with it. So now it goes with me a few times each rifle season.

GhillieBow

I'm debating on trying to sell or trade it for a good semi auto shotgun. All this good feedback has me wondering if I should just keep it 🤔
I wouldn't sell it. It's pretty young but one day that rifle could be worth something nice. While you can still get wood stock vanguards yours has a classic look that the current ones don't have, I would keep it and shoot it.

Latest posts