wats ur fav mineral lick??

Winchester

Trace mineral salt works as well as anything I have tried, which is most everything out there, and its much cheaper than most others.

CopperHead77

always nothing out there said:
ive not had much luck with a single deer on the trophy rock what am i doing wrong???

You may need to move it to a different location,find a funnel or somewhere the deer are already going so they won't have to search for it. How often are you checking the rock?

Radar

Winchester said:
Trace mineral salt works as well as anything I have tried, which is most everything out there, and its much cheaper than most others.

I use trace mineral in areas where I can haul it in easy , and trophy rocks where I need to carry the mineral a long distance because they are easier to carry .
I have had good luck with both . I use loose trace mineral to get a site established quicker .

Greg .

Whitetail Junkie said:
ive not had much luck with a single deer on the trophy rock what am i doing wrong???

You may need to move it to a different location,find a funnel or somewhere the deer are already going so they won't have to search for it. How often are you checking the rock?

Or maybe nothing. Maybe the deer get enough minerals without supplements? Who knows? The deer where I hunt never hit any mineral I've put out "hard" (including TR). They sort of use it ... but they don't dig holes like I hear some on here describing usage at their place(s).

But definitely try moving it.

Radar

I got 392 trail cam pictures in two weeks over a trophy rock last month that is located on a bench near a travel route to a creek . I have had better luck placing them near a water source .

deerslayer25

i check it bout every 2 wks or so... mainly just to change the batteries when needed or replenish the corn.. i know the bucks have used the trail in the past bc it had 39 rubs within bout 50 yds of the trail.. maybe they use it later in the year..

CopperHead77

i check it bout every 2 wks or so... mainly just to change the batteries when needed or replenish the corn.. i know the bucks have used the trail in the past bc it had 39 rubs within bout 50 yds of the trail.. maybe they use it later in the year..

That could very well be the case.

Latest posts