Watering food plot with trash pump question

tnbassman

If it does not rain before Saturday which Id be shocked if it did I am going to rent a 3" trash pump for $46.00 for the weekend. My 4 acre plot is shaped like a perfect rectangle with two sides being about 20 yards off of a major creek. The creek is 30-40 foot wide and in some places 12 foot deep around my property so there is plenty of water availible. My question is this: once I get the water to the field does any one have any recommendations on how to deliver it to the plot? I thought about taking 2" PVC pipe about 50' long and drilling 1/2" holes every 6" or so and just letting lay on the ground and just moving the pipe every ten minutes or so until the entire plot is soaked. Any one got any other ideas that might work?

Tater

If I had enough hose to get to the far side i would just let it run out on the ground then move the hose as needed.

Soybean Man

Space your holes out a little further at first. You can always add holes, but it is hard to stop them. Also, start drilling holes at the end of the pipe to maintain water pressure. If you need more holes just add them. We use 15 inch poly pipe on soybeans, and water pressure at the end is hard to come by if you have too many holes close to the source. Should work.

Latest posts