Water Holes

String Music

How many of you have created strategic water holes for wildlife? I've been reading Jeff Sturgis' book and find it pretty interesting that he uses 110 gallon stock tanks for his water holes. My only concern is EHD and other potential diseases associated with water sources. Do these water holes do more harm than good?

If you've created your own water holes, post some pics!

PickettSFHunter

Spring fed so it wont be stagnant and have the issues associated with that. It stays crystal clear, only muddy in the pic because I was just digging around in it. Its about 1 foot or so deep best I remember and 4-5 feet across. It was filling up while I took the pic. My plan is to take a mini excavator in this Winter and really give it some size. I think it was between 16-17 gallons per hour output that I calculated it at.
SDC13114.jpg

DOC1187

smstone22 said:
Spring fed so it wont be stagnant and have the issues associated with that. It stays crystal clear, only muddy in the pic because I was just digging around in it. Its about 1 foot or so deep best I remember and 4-5 feet across. It was filling up while I took the pic. My plan is to take a mini excavator in this Winter and really give it some size. I think it was between 16-17 gallons per hour output that I calculated it at.
SDC13114.jpg
cool

Latest posts