wader recommendations?

Crosshairy

I think I'd like to invest in some insulated waders to facilitate swamp hunting (ducks AND deer)

I have some uninsulated sock-foot waders, but no insulated ones. Can anyone recommend a brand/model that's reasonably priced quality construction (or perhaps more importantly, the ones to avoid)?

Thanks!

drrxnupe

I just bought a pair of Lacrosse Super-Tuffs at Basspro. I went these because I paid just under $100 with my rewards points and a gift card. I haven't used 'em yet but I hope they're good.

WingNut

spitndrum said:
NOT this years model. Macks went to a new manufacturer and from what I hear people are NOT pleased. Seams leak and boots rub the crap out of your shins. I have a pair of Macks I bought a few years ago and they are great. But I will NOT buy another pair. I've had first hand experience with the guy that runs the wader section at Macks and he's a real...! I recommend Hodgeman, Columbia or Cabelas they are all good brands.

drrxnupe

drrxnupe said:
I just bought a pair of Lacrosse Super-Tuffs at Basspro. I went these because I paid just under $100 with my rewards points and a gift card. I haven't used 'em yet but I hope they're good.

Does anybody like Lacrosse or did I make a bad purchase :cry:??

Frank G

drrxnupe said:
drrxnupe said:

Does anybody like Lacrosse or did I make a bad purchase :cry:??

I purchased a pair of Lacrosse 10 years ago! Thumbs up all the way. Would have though by now "cracks and leaks" still no issues. Of course hang them inverted in a cool place off season. But watch out ....... found a hornets nest inside once. HA

Engine2c

I've had lacrosse in the past and got no complaints. Currently on a set of Mack's waders that are about 4 years old and really like them, other than a mouse chewed a hole in them. Also heard great things about the cabelas waders. Stay away from drake. I don't have any personal experience, but too many of my friends have had to take theirs back for leaking around the seams.

Gravey

Let me start by saying I know nothing about waders. That said going on my first duck hunt I didn't want to break the bank. Gander Mtn had some Columbia 3.5 mm neoprene with 600 gram thinsulate boots for $100. They worked well but my feet did get cold although that's normal just about anytime.

JAY B

Got some Rogers toughman waders and they seem well made as long as you do not try to swim in them!!!!!

Latest posts