Recommendations Duck Hunting Jacket

tnbucs1

Looking to get a new jacket. Current one just doesn't keep me as dry as I would like in heavy rains. There are tons of options my main thing for the next one is staying dry. Which jackets do you all like /recommend?

Schap

Sitka delta wading jacket and Hudson are the 2 best I have ever worn but also the most expensive. I have used under armor and drake also Sitka has been hands down the best.

Kyboy

I agree with Schap, Sitka DWJ if you're wanting 100% water proof. Paired with the duck oven or Dakota hoody and you're going to be warm and dry.

Tweeter

I mainly hunt flooded timber and I wear the Sitka duck oven, it does fine for me but no hood. I do have the Drake boat/blind jacket I wear for a rain jacket that works fine.

tnbucs1

Yeah that seems to be the consensus regarding the Sitka jackets. Surprised Drake, Avery, or Banded doesn't have one that stands out. I do not have a brand preference really just looking for performance. Appreciate the insight. My wallet does not lol. My other jackets I have had do fine upon initial purchase but over time they don't stand up. Buy once cry once approach I guess.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I have this coat and liner. Works pretty well for me.

Scud

Another one for Sitka. Have had a Hudson for 4 years. Best coat I've ever owned in 30 years of duck hunting.

drake799

I think Drake has/had a sale going on their Guardian jackets I like mine It keeps me warm and dry I'm sure the Sitka stuff is great also but it's probably twice the price of what you could get a Drake for right now

WilcoKen

Drake is pretty good. I really like the Boat and Blind jacket. On the coldest of cold days I wear a Sitka hoodie under my Drake gear.

UT-longbeard

I've tried banded, drake, frogg toggs. Last season I bought some Chêne gear and it's worth every penny. The hydro Lok jacket is great in the pouring rain. You'll be happy with anything on their line.

Bgoodman30

Another vote for the Sitka. I have the hudson though and has been great. Used to be the Columbia widgeon but they have gone woke.. :cool:

prstide

You made the right choice. I'm no brand (garden tool) but I own Sitka gear for waterfowl hunting because of the quality and performance of the gear. That said, my outerwear consists of the duck oven and/or the delta wading jacket. You won't be disappointed.

scn

If you like the jacket, you might want to grab another one. The Obiden administration has banned the use of the DWR coating for these type jackets that keeps the Goretex from "wetting out" due to "forever chemicals". I think the ban starts next year.