Venison with port cranberry and gorgonzola cheese

megalomaniac

I cannot recommend this enough. Best venison I've eaten.

Sautee 2 cloves garlic, 1 large shallot, chopped portobello mushrooms in 2tbs butter. Add 1/4 cup dried cranberries,, 1 cup beef broth, 1 cup port wine and low boil to reduce to approx 1/2 cup (approx 10 min)...set aside.

Thick slice venison (I used 4 tenderloins which had been dry aged for 5 days), salt and pepper, then fry in cast iron skillet with 2 tbsp butter until medium rare (about 4 min each side), remove and set aside. Add 1/2 top fresh chopped rosemary to the skillet and then the reduced sauce and another 1/4 cup beef broth. Simmer 1 minute, then spoon out and top the venison steaks. Sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese.

Attachments

• 20201224_101325.jpg
    20201224_101325.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166

AJared

I cannot recommend this enough. Best venison I've eaten.

Sautee 2 cloves garlic, 1 large shallot, chopped portobello mushrooms in 2tbs butter. Add 1/4 cup dried cranberries,, 1 cup beef broth, 1 cup port wine and low boil to reduce to approx 1/2 cup (approx 10 min)...set aside.

Thick slice venison (I used 4 tenderloins which had been dry aged for 5 days), salt and pepper, then fry in cast iron skillet with 2 tbsp butter until medium rare (about 4 min each side), remove and set aside. Add 1/2 top fresh chopped rosemary to the skillet and then the reduced sauce and another 1/4 cup beef broth. Simmer 1 minute, then spoon out and top the venison steaks. Sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese.
Thanks for sharing!