Food Plots UT Ag or private consultant

SSlater

I'm looking for advice on land improvement as well as deer habitat improvements.

Anyone used UT and how was your experience?

DoubleRidge

I have not used UT Ag extension but have read allot of good material from them...but during our timber harvest project we hired a private Forester which included a wildlife or land management plan.
Another option is TWRA has Wildlife Habitat Biologists throughout the state whose primary job is to assist landowners with technical assistance with managing their property for wildlife and my understanding is there is zero cost....good luck with your project.

nwsg76

Contact your local NRCS office. They should be able to get you access to biologist, forester, grazing specialt, engineering support, etc. They are slow, but the help is free. Sometimes they even have free government money to help.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Start with your local county agent / soils office. They will have some good info and a lot of information about who else depending on your goals. "Land improvement" can mean a lot of different things. They can also provide soils information, topography maps and more. There is a lot to learn and it can become addictive!

BSK

Contact your local NRCS office. They should be able to get you access to biologist, forester, grazing specialt, engineering support, etc. They are slow, but the help is free. Sometimes they even have free government money to help.
THIS!

ttf909

Nrcs paid for a very detailed forestry plan for my farm. Believe the plan was around 3k . Now they are supposed to pay to implement the plan.
I also consulted with Grant woods.

Latest posts