Unit 2, Blind 22 OH

Polarkraft

Why are you drawing blinds when you don't even have a boat? Let alone a rebuild? On top of that, one you know nothing about..

I'm confused.
It's pretty ballsy to look at a map pick a blind in basically the middle of the river and then put it on your list when you ain't got a boat. But half these idiots probably picking their favorite numbers and not looking at the maps.

BDS05

It's pretty ballsy to look at a map pick a blind in basically the middle of the river and then put it on your list when you ain't got a boat. But half these idiots probably picking their favorite numbers and not looking at the maps.
It's gutless with the NOI crap. Bet that would stop half this nonsense. Then again…

TimberMan

thanks, looking only for replies that will actually help me decide to claim the blind or not, especially if it is a rebuild, which it may be. Let's help each other out, thanks in advance. CHAP
That should have been decided before adding to your preference list. They publish blind condition and crop reports before the draw. Just giving tips for the next draw you decide to enter.

philsanchez76

yeah they're right, number 22 is right in the middle of the channel. Last year it was completely knocked down aka would be a total rebuild for you. I was in your shoes last year, never duck hunted out there. Drew a blind, built it up, found out it wasn't the best duck killing spot. but I paid attention to where I was hearing all the gun shots. Throughout the year I started to learn where the good spots were that I wanted to put in for this year. Chalk it up as a learning experience. Go out build you a good blind and hunt it. That's the only way you'll start to figure out where the ducks are. Not by asking these fellas on the internet. Don't let all the guys being hard on ya get ya too much. They were all there at one point too. I think it was more the way you asked the question that got them all on your back.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I don't know Old Hickory Lake, so I refrained from commenting to your question. But it sounds like you need to approach some things the way I did when I was learning (and still am to a big degree) the areas I hunt around. Find some new friends that have hunted the area for years, and learn the ropes from them. Meet em at places like church, social events, and the lake store.

WilcoKen

I don't know Old Hickory Lake, so I refrained from commenting to your question. But it sounds like you need to approach some things the way I did when I was learning (and still am to a big degree) the areas I hunt around. Find some new friends that have hunted the area for years, and learn the ropes from them. Meet em at places like church, social events, and the lake store.
This

Polarkraft

If guys want to learn the hard way that's ok with me, a considerable amount of my experience was earned like that. But earn it, buy the boat, put in the days and figure it out. Don't put in for a blind you can't get to on a place you've never been and then leave it in un-built because your after-the-fact internet scouting suggests it may not be worth it.

Latest posts