Unique Scope Question

416wbymag

I got one of the new Magnum Research 22s with the Knox Stock and Carbon fiber barrel

I mounted a Leupold VXI 2x7 on it and took it to zero it in

put the target up and took about 15-18 step back and shot to get an initial bearing

It shot about 3 inches or so high, I went to adjust it down, and it is down as far as it will go.

My biggest worry is if I remember correctly, a 22lr zeroed at 60yds is shooting 1" low at 5 yards and .5" low at 20 yards

With those numbers, I will be 3.5" high at 60 yds

any ideas?

also this is the first time I am trying to adjust a Leupold, are they different?

Any ideas?

rdl65

If you can find one get a 20moa base. I had this same problem with my 10/22 and I bought a 20moa EGW base. It fixed the problem.

rdl65

That would be a problem. I have heard of some people using the rings from Burris that have the plastic inserts in them to cant the scope. I dont remember what they are called though.

FULLDRAWXX75

416wbymag said:
I got one of the new Magnum Research 22s with the Knox Stock and Carbon fiber barrel

I mounted a Leupold VXI 2x7 on it and took it to zero it in

put the target up and took about 15-18 step back and shot to get an initial bearing

It shot about 3 inches or so high, I went to adjust it down, and it is down as far as it will go.

My biggest worry is if I remember correctly, a 22lr zeroed at 60yds is shooting 1" low at 5 yards and .5" low at 20 yards

With those numbers, I will be 3.5" high at 60 yds

any ideas?

also this is the first time I am trying to adjust a Leupold, are they different?

Any ideas?

Was the scope new or used? If used, did you optically center the crosshairs back to dead center before mounting on this gun?

I not, it can still be done after being mounted on the gun, just a little harder.

FDXX75

cdw338

You are either going to have to get new rings or put a shim inunder the front ring.

Optically centering a scope will make do differnce in the situation where the scope adjustments are already maxed out in this situation.

It is nice to start out when mounting a scope to have it optically centered, I try to have all my scopes optically centered before mounting.

If there was anyway to lower the back ring, it would do the same thing as uping the front ring.

Latest posts