Ultrex guestion

chimneyman

I hate reading about boat tragedies and I'm always trying to be as careful as I can be. But I fish a lot in January February,usually I have people with me but a lot of times I'm by myself.And pushing 70 I can't do things I used to do. I'm usually pulling planer boards and use the remote on my Ultrex and use it to steer from anywhere I am in the boat. I've always wondered that if I ever fell in and the remote has the boat going 1 mph just how far away from the boat I would be once I realized what was going on and whether I would be able to bring the boat back to me.or if it would just keep going away from me Even with a life jacket I'm not sure I could swim 50 yards or so to the boat in mid 40 degree water and then be able to climb in. I've often thought what a great safety feature on the remote if there was a button to push which would bring the boat to the remote just like going to a marked brushpile

nso123

I have an Ultrex and don't think it has that feature. If you fell overboard you could always hit the spot lock to hold it in place until you could guide it back to you.

TRHC

The remote connection is through Bluetooth. Minn Kota claims the Bluetooth range is about 30 feet.

Something I wonder about is would the trolling motor shut down if it lost Bluetooth connections? Or would it maintain whatever command it had been given prior to losing connection? Hmmmm. I'm looking.

chimneyman

The remote connection is through Bluetooth. Minn Kota claims the Bluetooth range is about 30 feet.

Something I wonder about is would the trolling motor shut down if it lost Bluetooth connections? Or would it maintain whatever command it had been given prior to losing connection? Hmmmm. I'm looking.
That's what I'm wondering.

gasman

Not sure about the Ultrex but my Terrova will keep same speed when the battery dies on the remote. I assume when the battery dies, it loses Bluetooth at that point

Lt.Dan

I'm not trying to be funny (this time) but if falling over is a big concern (during the cold months when you are by yourself) a quick fix would be to tie yourself off so you can't fall in. I'm in my 60's and starting to have the same concerns.