Type 94?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I can't keep up anymore.
Carroll county with a muzzleloader do you have to have the type 94 to kill a doe ?
I don't think so but wanted to check for a friend.

Remington700

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do I need a Type 94 (WMA Non-quota Big Game/Special Antlerless Seasons Permit) to hunt antlerless deer in the gun season?
A Type 94 is required for all ages of residents and non-residents to hunt the statewide antlerless deer gun season, in the CWD Unit antlerless deer gun season, the unit L antlerless private lands hunt, and WMA nonquota big game hunts, including Cherokee WMA. (**Reminder the North Cherokee WMA is closed to the harvest of antlerless deer during the statewide gun season opening this Saturday. Refer to to pages 76-77 of the Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide for more information.)
The only exception for the type 94 is landowners hunting under the landowner exemption (as described in TCA 70-2-204) and Sportsman license holders.
Lifetime Sportsman License holders (Type 401, 402, 403, 404, 405 & 406):
• No, the license holder is exempt from a Type 94.
Annual Sportsman License holder (Type 004):
Hunting and Fishing license (Type 001) with Archery (Type 010), Muzzleloader (Type 011) or Gun (Type 009):
• Yes, a Type 94 is required.
Permanent Senior Citizen Hunt/Fish/Trap (Type 166):
Annual Senior Citizen Hunt/Fish/Trap (Type 164):
Annual Senior Citizen Sportsman (Type 167):
• No, a Type 94 is not required.
Non-resident License Junior holders (Type 070 ,085, & 086):
Non-resident License holders (Type 074 & 073):
Resident and Non-resident Youths up to age 9:
• Yes, the youth needs a type 94.
Resident and Non-resident Youths 10-12:
• Yes, the youth needs a type 94 AND
• Must have successfully completed a hunter education course OR a Type 12 Apprentice License, which is a supplemental license instead of hunter education.
Resident Youths 13-15:
• Must have a valid hunting license, such as a lifetime license or Type 2 Youth hunt/fish/trapping license.
• Must have successfully completed a hunter education course OR a Type 12 Apprentice License, which is a supplemental license instead of hunter education.

Tenntrapper

Do I need a Type 94 (WMA Non-quota Big Game/Special Antlerless Seasons Permit) to hunt antlerless deer in the gun season?
A Type 94 is required for all ages of residents and non-residents to hunt the statewide antlerless deer gun season, in the CWD Unit antlerless deer gun season, the unit L antlerless private lands hunt, and WMA nonquota big game hunts, including Cherokee WMA. (**Reminder the North Cherokee WMA is closed to the harvest of antlerless deer during the statewide gun season opening this Saturday. Refer to to pages 76-77 of the Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide for more information.)
The only exception for the type 94 is landowners hunting under the landowner exemption (as described in TCA 70-2-204) and Sportsman license holders.
Hunting and Fishing license (Type 001) with Archery (Type 010), Muzzleloader (Type 011) or Gun (Type 009):
Resident Youths 13-15:
• Must have a valid hunting license, such as a lifetime license or Type 2 Youth hunt/fish/trapping license.
Is that current?
I thought they done away with the "special season" aspect of it, and it was only needed for non-quota hunts.

TNLynn

Resident Youths 13-15:
What year was this ???

Labboy

I called TWRA this week and the lady told me I did not need a type 94 for a doe anymore. I have a disabled vet license. Not sure if that is relevant.

Latest posts