Red dot/ Winchester 94 30/30

killingtime 41

I posted this on the optics forum. But haven't solved the problem. I put a Sight Mark mini shot M-Spec FMS on a Winchester 94 30/30. I have a mount that go's where rear sight normally is. This Red Dot fit perfectly the screws that came with the sight threaded into the mount perfectly. Everything was looking fantastic. It shot high immediately I thought no problem this was at 25 yards. I measured and adjusted as the directions said to at 25 yards. Big problem now is the sight is adjusted as low as it can go. As in it has no turns left to go lower and is bottomed out. Still shooting 6 inches or little over high. What am I missing
IMG_2676.jpegIMG_2677.jpeg

A207X2

Normally in a traditional riflescope, you would put a thin shim (i.e. Coke can cut into slivers) in the front mount of the scope ring. That could cause the front of the scope to rise slightly, forcing you to aim the rifle lower. Don't know if you can do something similar with your red dot.

tnanh

Sometimes with a red dot on a turkey gun, specifically a ff3, you can run it out of adjustment in both directions a few times and start over and it fixes the problem. Worth a try but I have only had to do it once.

44 mag

Normally in a traditional riflescope, you would put a thin shim (i.e. Coke can cut into slivers) in the front mount of the scope ring. That could cause the front of the scope to rise slightly, forcing you to aim the rifle lower. Don't know if you can do something similar with your red dot.
This is what I was referring to. I have never done it but heard it talked about.

Latest posts