TWRA spring trout stocking

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I always figured it would be a day or so before they recovered from the stress of transport enough to eat.
I was told they would bite immiately after release.

Last summer we were on the Caney, up close to the dam and a truck pulled in and released some trout.
We hadn't caught squat all morning and no kidding, within 10 minutes of watching them release the trout we started catching the fire out of them.
I was very surprised.

Rebel

RUGER":27sdkey6 said:
I always figured it would be a day or so before they recovered from the stress of transport enough to eat.
I was told they would bite immiately after release.

Last summer we were on the Caney, up close to the dam and a truck pulled in and released some trout.
We hadn't caught squat all morning and no kidding, within 10 minutes of watching them release the trout we started catching the fire out of them.
I was very surprised.

Yeah, fishing right after a truck releases a few hundred fish ought to be illegal... But I'm glad it's not! I've had similar success right after a truck emptied it's load... :super:

Poleaxe

When I was little the tip of the stocking truck coming on a certain day was as big as a cartel drug lord hearing his shipment of money was coming. We would wait at the top of the river road. Soon as it came rolling in here we go. We would watch and as soon as they dumped here we go. Wouldn't take us anymore than 45min at most to have our limit. They're not so quick to catch the day after.

Latest posts