Any trout

XCR-2

Are there any trout in Wolf Creek that runs into the hiwassee? It looks good but I've never fished it.

CATCHDAWG

PM headed your way.
I'm pretty sure I know the gist of your PM because we've had this discussion before. That being said before @XCR-2 makes any plans, I will say no, there aren't any trout in Wolf creek. Not anymore. It used to be a decent stream. Not a lot of numbers but some decent size. Two droughts in the area, not far apart apparently wiped out the population. I dissected that stream for several miles hitting every single nook and cranny and not a single trout to be found. And this was VERY recent in the prime of spring when they should be on fire. Don't waste your time. If I had better news to tell you, I'd send you a PM and tell you to delete this post because that stream used to be a hidden gem. Now it's just a pretty place…

XCR-2

That's what I'm hearing. I actually read somewhere that it didn't have any in it.

Buzzard Breath

I'm pretty sure I know the gist of your PM because we've had this discussion before. That being said before @XCR-2 makes any plans, I will say no, there aren't any trout in Wolf creek. Not anymore. It used to be a decent stream. Not a lot of numbers but some decent size. Two droughts in the area, not far apart apparently wiped out the population. I dissected that stream for several miles hitting every single nook and cranny and not a single trout to be found. And this was VERY recent in the prime of spring when they should be on fire. Don't waste your time. If I had better news to tell you, I'd send you a PM and tell you to delete this post because that stream used to be a hidden gem. Now it's just a pretty place…
Yep. Beautiful creek for just cooling your feet off in.

Latest posts