Hiwassee Trout

Crow Terminator

I am always checking the water release schedule and Monday morning it looked pretty good. I got off work and came home, loaded up and went. I love trout fishing on cloudy and rainy days and I had both conditions. I didn't catch any big ones. Fished from 9 am to 11 am. They kicked the alarm on at 11 that they were going to start releasing water...which did not match my schedule but that's how it goes some times. I ended up landing 32 rainbows. No browns or brooks. Lost several more...I think the rod I have is too stiff for them and pulls it away from them. The ones I landed were often skin hooked because of it. Wasn't anybody around...my kind of trip even if it was just 2 hrs. Pink worm, split shot rig.
20230403_093516.jpg
20230403_094427.jpg
20230403_092427.jpg

Crow Terminator

I went to Chickamauga today after work. Put in at Grasshopper boat ramp. It's Wednesday and the parking lot was full. Boats all over the place. Do people not work any more? I fished from 9 to about 12:30. Threw rattle trap, square bill crank, soft plastic lizards....then resorted to trolling for crappie. I never had a bite. Couldn't even get hung up lol. But I am the world's worse crappie and bass fisherman so that's nothing new.
20230405_103933.jpg
Stopped at a BBQ joint on the way home called Dave's BBQ. Had never been but my belly was about to eat my spine. Got a pulled pork sammich and sweet tea. Well at least the tea was good. The BBQ smelled like sweaty feet. I was so hungry I tried a bite anyway....well, at least the tater chips that it came with was OK haha. Won't be stopping at Dave's any more.
20230405_093647.jpg

medic

Looks like a typical spring day at Grasshopper. Dave's barbecue used to be good but it has changed owners a couple times and has gone down hill.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Isn't Dave's the bbq joint that says "you can smell our butts for miles"?

Your trout fishing prowess is amazing Crow T. Let me know if you want an apprentice this summer after I can get this addition done and get back from vacation

Latest posts