Two questions: Selling Velvet Antlers & UTVs on Catoosa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalsPal

1) With the new velvet hunt, has there been any talk of rescinding the law prohibiting the sale of antlers in velvet?

2) I actually went into the Region office in Crossville, and received this answer. But the more I thought about it, I'm not sure the fellow I talked with is correct as he seemed to stammer a bit.

Catoosa prohibits the use of ATVS/UTVs from the end of spring squirrel season until the August squirrel season (I believe that is the correct dates). Anyway, I asked about riding a UTV that is street legal during the summer months (obtaining a license plate), and was told that they could only be used on the main road that runs through the WMA. I asked about side roads (gravel) that regular vehicles can use legally and was told that even licensed UTVs could not use those roads during that time period.

It may be that since these roads would be controlled by the state that they can place those restrictions, but I wanted a second opinion.

Thanks!

scn

With all of the poaching implications, I would be VERY surprised to see the velvet antler sale prohibition changed.

If you aren't sure of your source on the Catoosa ATV, call Region III and ask to speak to Major Jaynes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts