Two day trips

trealtree

We hiked 16 miles about 8 in camp and 8 out @ Savage Gulf it was fun carrying this pack.

IMG_20120304_164402.jpg

jb3

Savage Gulf is a great place. There's a cabin about 8 miles from a parking area you could hike to and set up camp. Just can't remember the name of the cabin or which loop it is on.

trealtree

Just type savage gulf tennessee in to a Google search. As for the cabin pic that's donkey cabin in Cherokee national forest, you can rent it 39 a night. Lot's of fishing an hiking from there

stik

trealtree said:
Just type savage gulf tennessee in to a Google search. As for the cabin pic that's donkey cabin in Cherokee national forest, you can rent it 39 a night. Lot's of fishing an hiking from there

donley cabin? on north river?

trealtree

stik said:
trealtree said:

donley cabin? on north river?

LOL dang smart phones arent very smart are they....Autospell.. yes

Donley Cabin...

Brisco Darlin

jb3 said:
Savage Gulf is a great place. There's a cabin about 8 miles from a parking area you could hike to and set up camp. Just can't remember the name of the cabin or which loop it is on.
hobbs cabin down on the south end of savage gulf. it's a good weekend loop.used to go out there all the time. take the north plateu trail. camp at meadow creek campsite one night, then on to hobbs cabin and it loops back to the ranger station.you can get water but purify it about a mile from meadow creek going in. spring behind hobbs cabin. purify it.

Another good trail out there is at the stone door ranger station.
go out to the stone door overlook go out to big creek campsite and then down into the gulf, back up the stone door and to the ranger station. you can find water in big creek down in the gulf from the big creek campsite.

Brisco Darlin

hey timberjack what part of grundy are you from? i worked a few summers at a church camp out in altamont. i actually proposed to my wife on the stone door overlook. :grin:

timberjack86

Brisco Darlin said:
hey timberjack what part of grundy are you from? i worked a few summers at a church camp out in altamont. i actually proposed to my wife on the stone door overlook. :grin:
Cool! I live in Tracy city. Stone door is a nice place.I had to be in a wedding last year out there :grin:

Brisco Darlin

when i worked out there back in the 80's , seems like there was some ice cream place we used to always visit in tracey city. i used to do alot of climbing and rapelling around the door. i don't know if you remember a movie the hank jr story. hank was played by the guy that was john boy walton. they filmed the scene where hank fell off a cliff on the cliff to the left of the stone door.

timberjack86

Brisco Darlin said:
when i worked out there back in the 80's , seems like there was some ice cream place we used to always visit in tracey city. i used to do alot of climbing and rapelling around the door. i don't know if you remember a movie the hank jr story. hank was played by the guy that was john boy walton. they filmed the scene where hank fell off a cliff on the cliff to the left of the stone door.
Yep I love that movie :grin: Was the ice cream place The dutch maid bakery?