Turkey vest

TreyB

TreyB

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
11,118
Location
TN
What is your favorite vest?

I will be getting a new one this year. The one I have is a cheap Primos I've had for years. Time to upgrade.

Or if anyone knows of a good one they want to part with let me know.
 
Andy S.

Andy S.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 26, 1999
Messages
21,672
Location
Atoka, TN
TreyB":2tv51sg4 said:
What is your favorite vest?
No vest if you can get by without one. I usually wear one early season when it is cooler and no foliage, and ditch it mid season when it warms up and foliage is present.
 
TreyB

TreyB

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
11,118
Location
TN
Yeah I don't carry a ton of stuff anyway...
 
Longbow2240

Longbow2240

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
73
Location
Lincoln County
That’s a good deal on that particular vest. Those are still $170-180 everywhere else.
 
R

rbreedi1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
3,319
Location
Dayton, TN
I like my cabelas tatr vest.. I think its the super tat'r , its not the tactical one. I bought it on sale couple years ago, they usually run some deals on them closer to season.
 
PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
20,850
Location
Jamestown, TN
I have quite a few. Favorite for cooler weather is the cabelas tactical tatr 2. Favorite warm weather is the Ol Tom Essentials. I will definitely be trying the new Nomad vest this year also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
fairchaser

fairchaser

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
7,603
Location
TN, USA
What about the front side pack versus a turkey vest? Anybody use one?
 
MrClif

MrClif

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2017
Messages
22
Picked up one the Alps Grand Slams last year in Bottomland they were 100.00 out the door. Hunted with it all season in couple different states, didnt think I'd like it due to the additional weight but I love it. You don't have to have a tree which is very helpful in cutovers here and also found it useful in Kansas. It is also hydration bladder compatible, I'd never used one but bought a decent bladder off amazon and tried and probably will never go back to carrying water bottle again. The straw hangs on shoulder and very easy to grab a drink to wet mouth while calling with very little movement.
 
TreyB

TreyB

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
11,118
Location
TN
MrClif":11ycto72 said:
Picked up one the Alps Grand Slams last year in Bottomland they were 100.00 out the door. Hunted with it all season in couple different states, didnt think I'd like it due to the additional weight but I love it. You don't have to have a tree which is very helpful in cutovers here and also found it useful in Kansas. It is also hydration bladder compatible, I'd never used one but bought a decent bladder off amazon and tried and probably will never go back to carrying water bottle again. The straw hangs on shoulder and very easy to grab a drink to wet mouth while calling with very little movement.



Good info
 
Poleaxe

Poleaxe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
3,945
Location
Etowah Tennessee
rbreedi1":26j4w8ir said:
I like my cabelas tatr vest.. I think its the super tat'r , its not the tactical one. I bought it on sale couple years ago, they usually run some deals on them closer to season.

Man I sure love mine. That cushion is so comfortable.
 
S

SKFOOTER

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2013
Messages
2,626
Location
HARDEMAN COUNTY
You can also remove the chair frame from this Alps vest with minimum effort and reduce its weight by 3-4 pounds.
 
P

poorhunter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2015
Messages
6,399
Location
Hickman county
I only have one for the flip seat cushion, so any will do. Got a new one on clearance last summer and I don’t even know what brand it is.
 
S

Setterman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
4,538
Location
Knoxville, TN
Tactical tatr 2. I've had them all and it's the best

Although the new primos is interesting and if it's better built then the bucklick or redhead it might be awesome
 
TreyB

TreyB

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
11,118
Location
TN
Setterman":n41jixxl said:
Tactical tatr 2. I've had them all and it's the best

Although the new primos is interesting and if it's better built then the bucklick or redhead it might be awesome

I have seen and talked to several that keeps recommending the tatr 2...
 
tree_ghost

tree_ghost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2014
Messages
6,429
Location
mboro, tennessee
Setterman":1yp36vs0 said:
Tactical tatr 2. I've had them all and it's the best

Although the new primos is interesting and if it's better built then the bucklick or redhead it might be awesome

Tat’r 2 is what I run with and haven’t considered another vest since then


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Poleaxe

Poleaxe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
3,945
Location
Etowah Tennessee
Tat'r vest are well made too. I garuntee it would still be in the same shape you bought it to pass down to your boy Eric.
 
TreyB

TreyB

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
11,118
Location
TN
Poleaxe":35p7jjp4 said:
Tat'r vest are well made too. I garuntee it would still be in the same shape you bought it to pass down to your boy Eric.

He's 4... so it must be made well.
 
Poleaxe

Poleaxe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
3,945
Location
Etowah Tennessee
TreyB":2wswxqj3 said:
Poleaxe":2wswxqj3 said:
Tat'r vest are well made too. I garuntee it would still be in the same shape you bought it to pass down to your boy Eric.

He's 4... so it must be made well.

It is. I found the Tat'r youth vest on sale last year and got it I loved mine so much.
 

Similar threads

Gravey
Replies
31
Views
3K
eweisner
eweisner
T
Replies
17
Views
2K
Setterman
S
C
2
Replies
20
Views
2K
catman529
catman529
REN
Replies
9
Views
1K
jackscreek
J
REN
Replies
3
Views
823
whistlinwingman
W
Top