Turkey question

mathews338

i'd shoot the LB but have killed one BH passed on couple only cause a LB was just out of range at that time have no problem with killing hen when i see 100 at a time at my place during deer season predators will do way more damage than i will ever do

showmehorns

I've been in the situation, and it was easy. I always thought I wanted to kill a BH until I had the chance to do so. Something about that bright blue head, full fan and the way he talks gravitates the business end of my weapon toward the gobbler.

megalomaniac

We'd have to have a population 10x greater than what we have now before I ever consider shooting a hen in the spring or fall.

As far as the bearded hen goes, heck, they're 1/4 the thickness of a gobbler and rarely longer than 8". Why in the heck would you want to shoot that ratty thing?

stik

Food Plot 101 said:
You don't turkey hunt stik? I'd probably shoot the hen and it wouldn't put a nick in their population, we are so overloaded with birds we need hen tags Lol!

i turkey hunt a little but most times i go i end up wishing i had gone crappie fishing instead. i just hate turkeys in general and want the satisfaction of killing one. i would love to see them eradicated from my hunting area(s).

Latest posts