Turkey question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Longbeard or bearded hen ?

Both are inside your comfort zone for a bang flop.

Which do you shoot?

I have never killed a bearded hen but I still don't know for sure what I would do.

spitndrum

Dang, put me between a rock and a hard place....Both No J/K I'd would have to say the Hen because Toms are like a 8pt you might not be a Professional hunter but they can be found every once and a while Bearded Hens are cool!

buckdead

Ive had several chances to kill bearded hens, but Ive always given them a pass.
I always figured since they are a month away from hatching off 10-20 little turks It wouldnt be in my best interest to do them in.
Its all about the hooks anyway :grin:

VolDoug

Longbeards for me. Some have theorized that there may be a correlation of bearded hens producing gobblers with multiple beards.

Setterman

No debate in my selection, longbeard. There is no reason to harvest hens in the spring, they are the only part of the equation which can be affected by harvest during the spring season.

turkeyhunter

No hen for me. I hen dead equals 6-18 turkeys dead. Half the turkey population dies each year. The hatch is the main factor in the number of turkeys. I have even stopped fall hunting in wayne co. because our numbers are so low. 7- 8 years ago I would kill hens in the fall but not any more. So long beard for me.

Latest posts