Turkey Lease

tellico4x4

We've got 2200 hundred acres on the Wayne & Hardin county line, that is covered up in turkeys. Had this land for 6 years now (all QDM) primarily for deer hunting and only have 6 members. There are 25 food plots and big hardwood hollows mixed with cutover & planted pines. This property is landlocked over 1 mile on three sides from any public roads and is all under 3 locked gates.Campground onsite as well with large gravel parking lot.

None of us are real dedicated turkey hunters, but still manage to kill a few each spring, mostly by setting up on food plots! I think that there were 4 killed this year, and all had at least 10" beards. It is very common to hear 9-10 different birds sound off each morning, no matter which part of camp that you are hunting.

Now to the question:
We have discussed taking on 3-4 additional members for just the turkey season, and was wondering the feasibility of this? Do you think that there would be any interest? Probably going to be $500.00 for turkey hunting only membership, as our regular one is $2K/yr.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks!

stretch

I may be very wrong about this but I would think $500 would be a little on the high side for turkey only. Just looking at the math, a regular member gets 100% of the time for 100% of the dues. A turkey only member would get approx. 10% of the time for 25% of the dues. $200 - $250 would seem to be a lot fairer but this is just my opinion. $200 would be 10% of the time for 10% of the dues. In reality you can get whatever someone is willing to pay. Good Luck. And BTW, if you decide to go with a lower rate I know of 2 that may be very interested.

tellico4x4

Showed two guys around Saturday and both joined. Still have two more "turkey only" slots open.

Here's the final deal:

$500.00 Turkey only membership.

Entitles you to spring & fall season.

Membership is good for whatever TWRA seasonal limit is. If it is 4 gobblers in the spring, and you want to bring a guest, then whatever the guest kills goes towards your seasonal total of 4.

Latest posts