Turkey harvest survey?

Boll Weevil

The survey coordinator wrote right back:

Thank you for completing the survey. Since you were randomly drawn from the population of Turkey hunting license holders, you recieved a survey but others in your contact did not. Since it's a random sample based study, it cannot be completed by others. It's possible they will be drawn in next year's survey.

TheLBLman

No survey for me. But interested in the questions if you remember them.
Took me @ 5 minutes to complete.
Were questions @ how many trips afield, how many turkeys fired upon, how many turkeys killed, what kind of loads, whether or not decoys used. Also asked a question @ maximum high probability range, whether are not you pattern test your loads, and what gauge gun being used.

Basically, a few questions not on some prior surveys.

Plus some regarding counties hunted, and whether turkey populations seems stable, growing, or in decline, etc.

megalomaniac

Just got one today. Focused on particular counties. Few generic questions, but seemed to really focus on predator reductions, habitat management, gobblers and gobbles, and season structure.

The 'comments' section got a dissertation. I feel sorry for the poor grad student that won't know what to do with my survey.

th88

Just got one today. Focused on particular counties. Few generic questions, but seemed to really focus on predator reductions, habitat management, gobblers and gobbles, and season structure.

The 'comments' section got a dissertation. I feel sorry for the poor grad student that won't know what to do with my survey.
Got one as well, focused on Wayne, Maury, other counties in the UT study. Your survey ain't the only one that got loaded down with comments. Made it clear I'd rather see the seasons/bag limits structured around scientific evidence rather than political and social pressure.

Latest posts