turkey 410 or 20 gauge or 12 gauge. which is best for turkey hunting of the 3 mentioned gauge shotguns SAVAGE 301 TURKEY XP WITH SCOPE.

ChaplainMann

2-Step Enabled
need input about shotgun hunting for turkeys. i am use too crossbow and left hand compound bow, also deer hunted with left hand 30-06 savage. any suggestions for these 3 savage shotguns for turkey hunting please and thank you. also if left handed weapons for sale please give me a yell. Jill for JESUS. much thanks.

ChaplainMann

2-Step Enabled
No reason to carry a 12 anymore with TSS available. 410 is for excellent hunters with excellent places that need a challenge in my opinion. A 20 gauge with TSS is the perfect turkey gun.
ok thank you so much , so you would suggest the 20 gauge thanks, i do have a 20 gauge hatsan left handed shotgun but it is way too big and heavy for me too use. ok going with the 20 gauge turkey shotgun, i like the scope on them the stephens do not have scopes. what does TSS available mean please, thanks. Jil Mann.

ChaplainMann

2-Step Enabled
TSS stands for tungsten super shot. It is much denser than lead so you can shoot 9 shot and put a bunch of pellets in his noggin. You can put a scope on a 301 by the way.
ok thank you so much Chris Wilson , i really appreciate your help and advice. blessings and prayers Jill for JESUS. MURFREESBORO..

Southern Sportsman

I agree that a 20ga is the "ideal" turkey gun when loaded with tungsten. But if you're not willing to spend the extra coin for premium shells, or if you can't find them, a 12 ga with 3" lead 6s has been a go-to tried and true turkey killer for eons.

Longbow2240

Been turkey hunting 20 gauge over thirty years. I'm bias to 20. It's never let me down. From lead, Hevi-shot, heavyweights, to TSS. Match the choke up and put the time in on the gun.

Latest posts