Trout

go_okfishin

Anybody got any good trout recipes? I usually put mine in foil w/ onions and butter on the grill but seems like they are mushy. Too much butter? Thinking about just throwing em on the grill w/ no foil. I have fried em in corn meal too.

FULLDRAWXX75

The foil traps the moisture.............I cook trout one way and one way only.

Dredge in flour with salt and pepper, hot cast iron skillet and butter. Cook until golden brown on one side then flip............you will know when it is ready to be flipped and removed for eating.

FDXX75

medic

When grilling trout I just lay them on grill and season. Just takes a few minutes on each side and they will fall off the bone.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I don't eat trout but I have friend who does a good job with them. He rubs them inside and out with evoo and the seasons them with Tony Chachare. He then stuffs them with garlic, lemon and butter and grills them on indirect heat, until the meat flakes. They are pretty good.

There is a lady in New Brunsiwck who uses nothing but butter and lemon and white wine. She sautes them in a big skillet with onion and garlic and they are superb, But that is a wild, cold water trout.