Need a rainbow trout recipie

Forvols

One of my favorite ways was what we did growing up. Clean dehead/defin. Stuff with a slice of onion and couple pats of butter salt and pepper inside and out. Wrap in aluminum foil throw on the grill/fire turn one time.

Or roll in corn meal black pepper and salt and fry in skillet. Both have sides of fried cornbread, pork n beans sliced onion, sliced tomato and maybe coleslaw.

WTM

ive had rainbow trout one time like forvols second recipe. they were pretty good but i just dont like trout i guess.

those field and stream links i posted under the "wild game recipes" thread had some trout recipes in it. i guess i might give trout another go someday and use that cedar plank trout recipe.

AT Hiker

Wrapped in Aluminum foil with salt/pepper, lemon over a open fire. Place it over the bed of coals. Simply gut the fish and leave head/tail/skin. Eat everything except bones, they will pull off super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetoolman

Filet, leave skin on and remove pin bones. Skin side down on aluminum foil, garlic power, lemon pepper, pat of butter and a fresh slice of lemon. I make a tub out of the aluminum foil so none of the juices seep out, leave the top open. Grill on indirect charcoal grill until done. I usually serve with rice and vegetables.

hillbillyfab

Only way I've had or fixed is like stated above, no heads or fins, stuffed with seasoning, herbs and a big ole Pat of butter. Wrapped in foil. :tu:

CritterGitter

I do the above recipe , wrapped in foil , head on , stuffed with lemon slices , or onion , and Cajun seasoning. I like to make a dip out of it though. Like tuna salad but with the trout. Served with ritz crackers ! Fooled every single "I dont like trout " people I've ever met ! If you're careful in the gutting process the hair bones are way less prevalent.

Crosshairy

I don't use lemon on mine much because it's not my favorite flavor on cooked food.

I think that Cajun-style seasonings go well with trout, so I use that pretty often with butter.

If you enjoy a crispier edge to the fish, you can do the aforementioned skin-on cleaning techniques, but bake or grill them instead. If baking, be sure to use non-stick foil beneath or perhaps put them on a rack. My brother and dad grill them sometimes, and they have one of those non-stick grilling pads or use the slotted "fish holder" deal to lay them on the grill without having them fall apart. I wouldn't advise putting a trout on a regular grill without something to hold the meat together, because they can really crumble when trying to pull them off.

If doing a grilling/baking approach, I would suggest getting a basting brush and coating them with a bit of oil or melted butter before cooking and once during to avoid excess dryness. leaving the skin on them helps a lot with that, though.

catman529

rub the inside and out with salt and pepper, baste with a little butter and then smoke them over hickory chips till they are dark bronze colored. Pull meat off the bone and make a cream cheese based dip. i'd have to look up the dip recipe but it's my favorite way to eat trout

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Gut rinse in river sprinkle inside and out with tony chacery and put a couple pats of butter inside and grill till done.
Baked potato garlic bread and woodyards freezer slaw. Best eaten on the bank.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Mike Belt

An early morning start on the river lasting until mid afternoon really builds up an appetite. I'm not a big trout eater but the best way I've had them is on the riverbank cooked the aluminum foil/butter route as mentioned above. When I camp trout fishing all I carry is aluminum foil, butter, and a couple of potatoes. No catch; no eat except for the potato. I'm not a vegetarian.

JimFromTN

The best I have had, I filleted and fried in a corn meal mixture like catfish and then poured a manure sauce over it. I think manure sauce is is the wrong spelling. Its like menauere or something. Its a french sauce made from Worcestershire sauce and butter. If you add toasted almond slivers it makes it trout almondine.

Trout are real easy to fillet if you do it soon after catching them. If you wait too long, it turns into a mess and not worth doing. You gut them like you normally would and then you take the head and snap it back and pull it towards the tail. The skin will peel right off. You can then take your fingers and practically pull the fillets off of the bones. There will probably be some pin bones which you can remove or cook in the fish. You may or may not even realize they are there.