Trout fished the Elk

ghosthunter

I floated the elk yesterday with some friends and my girlfriend from the dam on down to the next take out, which seemed like forever, but it was a good time. I was impressed with the quality of fishing there. Getting a limit wasn't a problem and I did hook into two better than average trout, one of which I landed. I didn't measure him, but I'm guessing about 16-17", and I did see some much bigger trout than that while floating. It's definetly worth another trip back....Good Times! :)

JimFromTN

I think the biggest probem with the Elk is the lack of take outs and the fact that it is not right off the interstate like the Caney. I used to fish there as a kid, starting at the dam and wading down stream. The fishing was always great. It put the Caney to shame.

Baxter83

You floated right past our old farm where I grew up and learned how to hunt. I've chased cows and deer all over those hills on the left before you get to the first river bend. :D Some of my best childhood memories were made on that farm.....I've only been to the river a couple of times since grandad sold the place back in 07'.

A

Anonymous

I've waded the Elk some but always wanted to float it and never got around to it, guess I just need to break down and go, has to be a blast.

Latest posts