Tractor question

fishboy1

The hydro trannies are great if you are running a short duty cycle or are over matched for your implements.

Been shopping myself and the scoop I get is that the hydros are more likely to over heat and require repairs sooner than a manual if you run for long periods like bush hogging, lots of plowing, and pulling a hay baler.

If you run shorter intervals and do smaller jobs the hydros are the bomb.

I have a ford 3910 and I have done so many repairs its practically brand new now. I would love a smaller more maneuverable tractor but feel it would be maxed out too often and would suffer from the heavy work cycles.

lockandloaded

I have a 2012 kubota la4600. 4x4. With a 6ft FEL and r4 tires. I absolutely love it. The hydro pink unicorn has been great. So far I have only found two things I don't like.
The kubota is lighter then other comparable tractors, but I'm considering foam filling front tires and liquid ballast in rear. The other thing is the hydro pink unicorn is loader then a manual. Something I just had to get over as it is loader on pretty much all hydro trannys no matter what brand.
It hasn't let me down. I use a 18ft trailer to pull it and with the bushbog attached it hangs over about 1.5 ft

woodchuckc

lockandloaded said:
I have a 2012 kubota la4600. 4x4. With a 6ft FEL and r4 tires. I absolutely love it. The hydro pink unicorn has been great. So far I have only found two things I don't like.
The kubota is lighter then other comparable tractors, but I'm considering foam filling front tires and liquid ballast in rear. The other thing is the hydro pink unicorn is loader then a manual. Something I just had to get over as it is loader on pretty much all hydro trannys no matter what brand.
It hasn't let me down. I use a 18ft trailer to pull it and with the bushbog attached it hangs over about 1.5 ft

Great point on filling the rear tires! The newer compact tractors are indeed much lighter than comparable HP older tractors, so much so that it is really easy to spin the tires when put under a load. Filling the rears with beet juice or a CaCl solution will really help out. Before filling the rear tires on my L5010, you could easily lift the rear of the tractor off the ground using the FEL if you didn't have a bushhog or something heavy hanging off the back of the tractor.

Drop 4/5

Got a Kubota L2600 4x4 which is my first tractor. Does well for what I use it for (bush hog, food plots, disc and spray. Had a small back hoe attachment that I just hooked up for the first time and it worked fine. I am learning as I go but it seems to be bullet proof and when I picked it up it only had 104 hrs. All the attachments were matched to the tractor and seem to do most everything I need. Would love to get a bigger one one day after I get more experience on this one.

Ron

Latest posts