Your tractor?

wildlifefarmer

Some of y'all's tractors cost more than my house. Priorities I recon 😂
When you're mature, and retired and have/need nothing that anyone can give you for Christmas, a man needs toys!!! When you've dreamed of things for all your working life you wanted to do and couldn't because of priorities of life, you start working on your bucket list. Nowadays I'm able and enjoying every dang minute of it!!!

JCDEERMAN

JCD, that's a good looking Great Plains planter. Looks fairly new. Did we purchase it new?? If so where?
We bought it new in 2019. That pic was the day it got delivered. We were worried that Ford wouldn't pick it up, but it did and I took that pic to prove it and sent it to my dad. A tractor with a FIL would greatly help maneuvering though because the front end doesn't have the weight it needs.

We got ours through the TriGreen (JD) in Franklin. JD sells the Great Plains (I guess because it's green) and Kubota sells the Land Pride (I guess because it's orange). They are the same exact piece of equipment. Kubota wanted to charge about $6k more for theirs, so we went on over to TriGreen. It's the best piece of equipment we have

Tn Joe

Ford 3000
Oldie but a dang goodie

BB1A3056-1A80-4662-9B3A-3905D12A1046.jpeg

Specializedjon

When you're mature, and retired and have/need nothing that anyone can give you for Christmas, a man needs toys!!! When you've dreamed of things for all your working life you wanted to do and couldn't because of priorities of life, you start working on your bucket list. Nowadays I'm able and enjoying every dang minute of it!!!
Yes sir. You worked hard to get there! Enjoy it. I'm still in the "35hp tractor...holy crap that was expensive" phase in my life.

Please add me to your will 🙏

🤣

wildlifefarmer

Yes sir. You worked hard to get there! Enjoy it. I'm still in the "35hp tractor...holy crap that was expensive" phase in my life.

Please add me to your will 🙏

🤣
Had 2 close friends(??) talking and stated to my wife they wanted to know when the pre-estate sell was going to happen! Who needs enemies when you have friends like that??

wildlifefarmer

We bought it new in 2019. That pic was the day it got delivered. We were worried that Ford wouldn't pick it up, but it did and I took that pic to prove it and sent it to my dad. A tractor with a FIL would greatly help maneuvering though because the front end doesn't have the weight it needs.

We got ours through the TriGreen (JD) in Franklin. JD sells the Great Plains (I guess because it's green) and Kubota sells the Land Pride (I guess because it's orange). They are the same exact piece of equipment. Kubota wanted to charge about $6k more for theirs, so we went on over to TriGreen. It's the best piece of equipment we have
I've been looking at them for a while. I just haven't pulled the trigger. My questions are will they work in the rough land we have and not break down cause every time I pick up wrenches I bust my knuckles even with gloves. Plus, can I justify it to my boss(wife)??

BSK

I still can't believe what my BIL had to pay for our 32 HP John Deere. Crazy expensive. But I'm still dreaming of a 50 HP 4x4. I'll just never have that kind of money laying around.

Boll Weevil

How do you like that 120hp NH? We don't need one that big, but have looked at them in the 80-100hp range. Does it perform well?
It's the cat's meow. I've learned over the years that a huge limiting factor in managing a property at scale is time/being able to complete tasks efficiently. Another factor is minimizing custom hire by completing those tasks vs. paying someone else to do it. This machine enables both in ways I never imagined.

I work longer on Big Blue than Lil Blue because I'm comfortable and have the right equipment for more tasks at scale. Managing a 750ac revenue-generating tract is a blessing but make no mistake...it's a lot and it's very different than a smaller tract or hobby farm. Maximizing revenue over the long term while minimizing operating costs are objectives I can better achieve with the right equipment.

Last edited:

JCDEERMAN

It's the cat's meow. I've learned over the years that a huge limiting factor in managing a property at scale is time/being able to complete tasks efficiently. Another factor is minimizing custom hire by completing those tasks vs. paying someone else to do it. This machine enables both in ways I never imagined.

I work longer on Big Blue than Lil Blue because I'm comfortable and have the right equipment for more tasks at scale. Managing a 750ac revenue-generating tract is a blessing make no mistake...it's a lot, and it's very different than a smaller tract or hobby farm. Maximizing revenue over the long term while minimizing operating costs is an objective I can better achieve with the right equipment.
Absolutely agree!

One of the big factors into deciding to get the drill was for less time consumption. We sold most all the traditional ag equipment. The old guys aren't doing the work and us younger guys started all having kids. We needed something more efficient. No doubt if we had a better tractor, not only would we get more done, we'd get it done in a much shorter amount of time. AND my 5 year old daughter could sit with me in the buddy seat

BSK

Love the princess dress pic Urban_Hunter! I've got pics of my daughter, when she was very young, helping my hold a buck I had killed while she's wearing a Dorothy dress from the Wizard of Oz.

Chiflyguy

Question for you guys.
I'm just a city boy but when I move I want a tractor.
I know 0 about them.
I saw this.
I'm thinking as long as it runs, I can repaint it the original colors and make it work.
I just need one to til my garden and drive around in.
I'm pretty handy. I just think tractors are cool.

Attachments

• BE171E8F-5F99-4141-81D0-A75BF229DA2A.png
    BE171E8F-5F99-4141-81D0-A75BF229DA2A.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 75

Boll Weevil

@jay B…cleaning out gutters of pine straw and leaves takes 10min now. Before FEL it was precarious ladder, a whole morning, and a fair chance of a really bad gravity fueled crash.

DoubleRidge

@jay B…cleaning out gutters of pine straw and leaves takes 10min now. Before FEL it was precarious ladder, a whole morning, and a fair chance of a really bad gravity fueled crash.

FEL also helps with washing outside of windows on house....took forever to convince my wife to sit in bucket....but she finally tried it....works great.....I hate dragging a ladder around.