Top 4?

deerhunter10

Who is the top 4? I think the committee will screw fsu. I think it'll be Michigan, Washington, Alabama Texas. But I could also see Texas being left out. I don't think the sec misses the playoffs personally. Especially over a lost that happen week 2. Don't have a dog in the race but it could be interesting. If you're going top 4 teams be hard to leave georgia out to but I think they have zero chance.

RobbyW

Michigan is in
Washington in
FSU- Should be in but I bet they get the shaft. Yes their QB is out but that defense is Ligit.

For Alabama to get in they will have to jump TX and OSU.
OSU was idle but their one loss will be to the new #1 by 6 points:

Texas is the real problem. Head to head they are in with a 10 point when over AL. Their 4 point loss to Oklahoma hurts them.

My gut says AL is in. Not because they are more deserving but because the SEC is the powerhouse and they won't be left out.

ImThere

Curious what they would do it the sec would stop shooting itself with a championship game? If Alabama and Georgia wouldn't have played, Georgia would be no 1 or 2, Say Alabama would've beat Tx they'd be no 1 or 2 then what? Its a situation that the sec finds itself in until the championship seems like yearly.

THEdonkey0515

Michigan.
Washington
Texas
FSU

I know bama & UGA are better then FSU I just don't think they will Put a 1 loss team in over an undefeated one.

If they put bama in does that mean UGA falls all the way to 6?Cause 13-0 FSU atleast finishing 5th right?

PillsburyDoughboy

Who is the top 4? I think the committee will screw fsu. I think it'll be Michigan, Washington, Alabama Texas. But I could also see Texas being left out. I don't think the sec misses the playoffs personally. Especially over a lost that happen week 2. Don't have a dog in the race but it could be interesting. If you're going top 4 teams be hard to leave georgia out to but I think they have zero chance.
This is exactly what I said in the other thread.

Michican, Washington ALABAMA and Texas.

Crow Terminator

All of my non Bama fan football friends have been saying for weeks now that Bama would beat GA and be in the final 4. They are more adamant than ever now...of course they say it's because of bias or $. I've been saying that Bama would probably land about 5th or 6th even if they did beat GA in the SEC Championship and miss the playoffs. I dunno. From what I'm seeing on social media...I'm of the opinion that as a whole, there are a lot of fans all across the country that have SEC fatigue and want to see the SEC out of the top 4. This could be a prime opportunity for the committee to do just that. Whatever the case...there's gonna be grumbling about it I'm sure.

THEdonkey0515

People complaining they don't want to see FSU get beat down in the first round. Well, they have been a blowout almost every single year since they started the playoffs, so it wouldn't be nothing new. Or something the playoff committee should take into consideration. Take a look at this list of nail biters we have watched in the playoffs

Tcu vs UGA....45-7
FSU vs Oregon ....59-20
Michigan state vs. bama 38-0
Lsu vs. OK... 28-63
Clemson vs. ohio St.. 31-0
Clemson vs. bama....44-16
Ohio state vs. bama 24-52
Clemson vs. ND 3-30
UGA vs. Michigan.... 34-11
Ohio st vs Oregon.... 42 -20

THEdonkey0515

When you look at it on paper should be one of the easiest decisions the playoff committee has had to make .

Michigan 13-0 big10 champ
Washington 13-0 pac-12 Champ
Fsu 13-0 ACC champ

3 undefeated power 5 champions great! that's easy to decide now who should are 4th team be? o I know

Texas 12-1 big12 champ that beat the SEC champion on the road by double digits.

Looks pretty cut and dry on paper lol

Grandslam11

When you look at it on paper should be one of the easiest decisions the playoff committee has had to make .

Fsu 13-0 ACC champ

3 undefeated power 5 champions great! that's easy to decide now who should are 4th team be? o I know

Looks pretty cut and dry on paper lol
I agree. 2014 Ohio State won a Natty with its 3rd string QB. I don't see how you leave FSU out

THEdonkey0515

I think they pick the most deserving and not the 4 best teams. I think FSU gets in and Bama gets left out. I would love for Bama to get in but it's good being Kings of the SEC.
Correct.

Teams like TCU & Cincinnati, and others wasn't top 4 teams in the past if you went off eye test and who would beat who opinions, But were probably the most deserving.

Last edited:

TNlandowner

Fsu 13-0 ACC champ

Looks pretty cut and dry on paper
Sure don't like it, but it is logical.... RTR

PillsburyDoughboy

Here's who I think they go with:

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Do I think Alabama has as good a shot to win it all if they were in yes but under the current system I think they get left out. We'll find out soon.
Saw a statistic that NO SEC Champion has ever been excluded from the National Championships.

Let me repeat that.

NO SEC Champion has ever been excluded from the National Championships

Bamamonts

Correct.

Teams like TCU & Cincinnati, and others wasn't top 4 teams in the past if you went off eye test and who would beat who opinions, But were probably the most deserving.
Michigan St was another team and they all got beat pretty bad in the playoffs.
The chair of the committee said they are looking at the 4 best teams. If that's the case then FSU is out.

THEdonkey0515

Michigan St was another team and they all got beat pretty bad in the playoffs.
The chair of the committee said they are looking at the 4 best teams. If that's the case then FSU is out.
If so then they just changed it for this season. Because TCU wasn't a top 4 "best team" just last year.

Bamamonts

I agree. It's never been the 4 best teams but the most deserving. I think FSU deserves it but it's obvious they're not one of the 4 best teams.

deerfever

I agree. 2014 Ohio State won a Natty with its 3rd string QB. I don't see how you leave FSU out
Ohio State 3rd string quarterback went on to be drafted in the NFL and be permanent starter ? I do not think that's a good comparison to what FSU has left right now. If FSU gets in , I hope they win the whole thing but Jordan Travis getting hurt has definitely hurt them offensively. They have won the last 3 but would other teams beat North Alabama 3-8, Florida 5-7, and a Louisville team that just got beat by Kentucky in this situation . I guess we will never know. The difference is the 3rd string guy for Ohio State performed on the field, FSU had 55 yards passing last night. Lol, it all comes down to are you Taking undefeated teams some of that due to schedule or are you taking the best 4 teams at this point in the season? Washington has beat Oregon twice , who else they beat? Michigan plays 1 game all year / Ohio State who also plays 1 game all year! Winning matters but who you win against should also. Alabama is way better now then when Texas beat them, remember they even replaced Milroe as the starter, look at the guy now. Georgia has only won 29 straight , the last two national championships, been ranked #1 all season but lost its SEC championship game by 3. If it ends up FSU , Washington, Michigan and Texas ( this will probably be the 4) . I hope FSU wins it all if in but I hope we avoid another 65 to 7 debacle like last year because TCU "deserved " it. I just hope it's good games to watch. Just according to who you watch , I was watching ESPN last night and the lady actually dropped FSU to 6 , Bama was 4, Georgia was 5. Other programs I watched say no way you keep FSU out and the SEC stays home. I guess we find out at Noon . Wonder if Georgia/ Alabama could have gutted out wins over Iowa, Oklahoma State or Louisville last night? I would ask myself that question if on the committee. Being undefeated is relative to who you play. The SEC deserves representation in my opinion but No point arguing as they will do what they are going to do.

Last edited: