Took a walk today....

agelessssone

Below Old Hickory dam this afternoon.
Scott Vance invited me to go catfishing with him tomorrow and we needed skipjack for bait.
Now, if you haven't been there, it's about like walking through bombed out rubble and rocks of all sizes, shapes, and positions.
I realized halfway to the spot I wanted to fish, that I was no longer the spry young 25 year old from 50 years ago!
After carefully and cautiously making my way about 500 yds through this maze I found a spot that was flat enough to stand and cast.
Throwing a sabiki rig into the boils, on my second cast I hooked into a 20" Tennessee tarpon, who proceeded to show off his/her/it's aerial prowess.
But being the skilled master angler that I am, I prevailed and it took it's rightful place in the 5 gallon BassPro bucket.
After an hour and "it" having been joined by 20 of its piscatorial brethren, I figured we had enough for our catfishing sojourn on the morrow.
Then began the painstakingly slow process of picking my way through the rocky maze.
Thankfully, my progress was interrupted by a phone call from Scenic City walleye guide, Scott Lillie, to discuss my upcoming walleye trip with him this winter.
This gave me the opportunity to sit whilst I conversed with him without admitting that I needed a pause!
And I shall also be bringing one pound of strawberry chicken and one pound of strawberry shrimp (raw, shell on).
Gonna see which outfishes what.
Will post an after the trip report detailing our success or failure, whichever the case may be.

Attachments

• 20230804_131045.jpg
    20230804_131045.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20230804_131019.jpg
    20230804_131019.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 105

mike243

Pilchard I would hazard a guess that they both taste about the same with maybe a few more bones in the TT 😂 , have heard them called that for years, have also heard folks called hunters when they are not , ymmv

agelessssone

Below Old Hickory dam this afternoon.
Scott Vance invited me to go catfishing with him tomorrow and we needed skipjack for bait.
Now, if you haven't been there, it's about like walking through bombed out rubble and rocks of all sizes, shapes, and positions.
I realized halfway to the spot I wanted to fish, that I was no longer the spry young 25 year old from 50 years ago!
After carefully and cautiously making my way about 500 yds through this maze I found a spot that was flat enough to stand and cast.
Throwing a sabiki rig into the boils, on my second cast I hooked into a 20" Tennessee tarpon, who proceeded to show off his/her/it's aerial prowess.
But being the skilled master angler that I am, I prevailed and it took it's rightful place in the 5 gallon BassPro bucket.
After an hour and "it" having been joined by 20 of its piscatorial brethren, I figured we had enough for our catfishing sojourn on the morrow.
Then began the painstakingly slow process of picking my way through the rocky maze.
Thankfully, my progress was interrupted by a phone call from Scenic City walleye guide, Scott Lillie, to discuss my upcoming walleye trip with him this winter.
This gave me the opportunity to sit whilst I conversed with him without admitting that I needed a pause!
And I shall also be bringing one pound of strawberry chicken and one pound of strawberry shrimp (raw, shell on).
Gonna see which outfishes what.
Will post an after the trip report detailing our success or failure, whichever the case may be.
Only managed 3 catfish this morning.
22, 24, and 28 lbs.
Cut skipjack 3, strawberry shrimp 0, strawberry chicken 0

Attachments

• 20230805_082615.jpg
    20230805_082615.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230805_101651.jpg
    20230805_101651.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230805_101618.jpg
    20230805_101618.jpg