Kylake today

bluball

Had to go back to the doc for a checkup,changed my blood pressure medication.On the way home from paris I called my boss and asked if he needed me today.He said no go fishing and enjoy the day.First hour or two I struggled,but then I found them catching one or two keepers a bed.

WTM

I caught all my keepers in 9-11fow.If I got out deeper the beds would be full of short fish,lots of them.
makes sense. all my short fish came in 2-5ft of water but i havent fished since last week. got next week off but i bet it rains and hope they still hitting good. but there is always 1 1/2 pound shellcrackers to chase shallow. :D

bluball

makes sense. all my short fish came in 2-5ft of water but i havent fished since last week. got next week off but i bet it rains and hope they still hitting good. but there is always 1 1/2 pound shellcrackers to chase shallow. :D
17 of the 20 were still full of eggs,looked like they were ready to go though.

BuckWild

I fished Monday for 5 hours and caught 6 short crappie, mainly in 4 to 6 fow.

Came back out in the river and hit some spots for white bass and had 15 in the boat in less than 2 hours.

Some of the biggest white bass I've caught in years.

Didn't have a single throwback

BuckWild

yeah any day probably but maybe guarding males will still be on nest next week or maybe find some blacks in the lilly pads. those are easy to catch lol.
I fished willows and buckbrush in 2-3 fow on Monday and never got a bite. Water temp was 65.7 degrees.

Saturday there was 4 boats in the lily pads over by Boy Scout beach and they were camped out there for hours...

WTM

I fished willows and buckbrush in 2-3 fow on Monday and never got a bite. Water temp was 65.7 degrees.

Saturday there was 4 boats in the lily pads over by Boy Scout beach and they were camped out there for hours...
yeah birdsong is the first to warm up. usually after the 1st week in april theyre pretty much done. i hit down stream this time of year.

i caught a half dozen toad yellow bass last month. they were full of eggs. id like to get on a school of those but for me i cant find them in any great numbers. id take a basket full of those over crappie.

WTM

dang was looking at some crappie weight tournaments and 1.83 pound acerage for 33 boats. looks like 60 fish averaged from 2-2.5 pounds and one plus 3 pounder.

lol one of them thought they scoped a 3 poumd crappie and it turned out to be a 2.66 pound shellcracker. a few of plus 2 pound shelcrackers have already been caught on barkley this year.

bluball

dang was looking at some crappie weight tournaments and 1.83 pound acerage for 33 boats. looks like 60 fish averaged from 2-2.5 pounds and one plus 3 pounder.

lol one of them thought they scoped a 3 poumd crappie and it turned out to be a 2.66 pound shellcracker. a few of plus 2 pound shelcrackers have already been caught on barkley this year.
Terry Adam's caught the 3lber,we sponsor him.We had another guy we sponsor got 5th in that tournament.There have been alot of 3lbers caught on kylake in the last yr.I think the main reason is lots of bait fish,lake gas een full of bait fish the last 4-5yrs.

BuckWild

I ran up to Harmons Creek early this morning. Pecked around and picked up 12 decent crappie, then they went shut mouth. Should have left then but kept fishing till noon. Steady 15 mph wind dead out of the south made for a not fun ride back to Birdsong. At least I know all my mounts for my electronics are good to go. 🤣🤣. It was white capping from bank to bank and ROLLING. About a 15 mile ride back up river to the house.

bluball

I ran up to Harmons Creek early this morning. Pecked around and picked up 12 decent crappie, then they went shut mouth. Should have left then but kept fishing till noon. Steady 15 mph wind dead out of the south made for a not fun ride back to Birdsong. At least I know all my mounts for my electronics are good to go. 🤣🤣. It was white capping from bank to bank and ROLLING. About a 15 mile ride back up river to the house.
Man,bet that was a rough ride.

WTM

went for some big gills and shellcrackers today. caught a few not many. gave them to some black guy on the bank and he said he caught some big ones yesterday.

grass carp were rooting in every pocket today doesnt help. getting annoying.

theyre rooting up every stich of grass ive found earlier in the year. pretty much why ky lake wont have much grass until those things die out.

IMG_1877.jpeg