Too much rain...

Super8

My tomatoes did not do as well this year.
Granted I have plenty, but probably only half of what I had last year. I wonder if we had too much rain.

fishboy1

Our whole garden suffered this year from too much rain.

Maters get half ripe then start to rot... not enough sun.
Watermellon vines are just now starting to put on fruit.
Squash and cucumbers did well that we got in early.

The real killer has been the weeds. After a week of rain, they got out of hand and we never made much headway after that.

There are at least 2 dozen tomato plants we haven't even SEEN in a month the weeds are so bad.

bigtex

This is the worse garden I've had in several years. I was a month late getting it out because of all the rain, then after I got it planted it has rained non stop it seems. Hard to grow anything that is under water,lol.
I've had better gardens during a drought.

Super8

Yeah I have to say I had the worst garden this year myself. Heck its raining at this very moment AGAIN !
I can't believe cucumbers didn't make it, normally we have too many.I try to stay with all organic crops and avoid sprays and pesticides. Good thing I dont have to rely on my farming skills.
Poor corn, I actually caught 4 rabbits today helping themselves to the mini stalks the plants just didnt get enough sunlight. I just let the rabbits have the garden.
Still holding on in hopes for green beans but its not looking good they are just now climbing.

Latest posts