TNrifleman you owe me some money updated pics

Tn_Va_Hunter

Just ordered my first bergara b14 Hunter in 308. Buddy at gun shop said it should be here Wednesday next week. He had one in 7/08 but I have a Tikka in 7/08. Never owned a 308. So. Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 319D62A7-D82E-4C02-929F-6DD369E123F5.jpeg
    319D62A7-D82E-4C02-929F-6DD369E123F5.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 545034A8-088D-40D0-8FF0-035C3A56ADF5.jpeg
    545034A8-088D-40D0-8FF0-035C3A56ADF5.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 94

Hduke86

Hey man, which one's are you looking at?
I thought I had my mind made up till I saw the ridgeback. I like the ridgeback, hmr pro, terrain, mountain 2.0, and approach. I'm not even letting myself entertain the rimfire ones cause id put a serious dent in the banking account when I started buying multiples of rimfire lol. I just don't know if the Premier Action is worth the upgrade cause I'm not familiar enough with it to make a educated decision. My biggest concern is with the extended magazine on some. I like the stocks but just not the magazine sticking down where I carry the rifle in my hand when walking cause it's about 50/50 if I use a sling or just hand carry.

aimsmall

Have a premier action rifle (280 ai), absolutely love it! I'm sold on Bergara rifles thanks to TNrifleman.

TNRifleman

I thought I had my mind made up till I saw the ridgeback. I like the ridgeback, hmr pro, terrain, mountain 2.0, and approach. I'm not even letting myself entertain the rimfire ones cause id put a serious dent in the banking account when I started buying multiples of rimfire lol. I just don't know if the Premier Action is worth the upgrade cause I'm not familiar enough with it to make a educated decision. My biggest concern is with the extended magazine on some. I like the stocks but just not the magazine sticking down where I carry the rifle in my hand when walking cause it's about 50/50 if I use a sling or just hand carry.
Gotcha. The 2020 Approaches and Mountains will not have the extended mag, but the Ridgeback and HMR pro does. The HMR pro will accept a 3 round mag that sits more flush. The Premier action is stainless and cerakoted vs. a chrome moly action in the B14 wilderness series. The Premier also has an upgraded bolt that has a floating bolt head and non-rotating gas shield. It is also fluted and the Premiers come with a TRiggertech trigger vs a Bergara OEM trigger in the Wilderness series. The B14 Wilderness is a fantastic value but I think the premier is worth the upgrade. If you're ever over this way, hit me up and you can see them live. I have two Ridgeback's, two Premier Mountains and an Approach. What's funny is that I don't own an HMR at all and it's their most popular rifle :)

Hduke86

Gotcha. The 2020 Approaches and Mountains will not have the extended mag, but the Ridgeback and HMR pro does. The HMR pro will accept a 3 round mag that sits more flush. The Premier action is stainless and cerakoted vs. a chrome moly action in the B14 wilderness series. The Premier also has an upgraded bolt that has a floating bolt head and non-rotating gas shield. It is also fluted and the Premiers come with a TRiggertech trigger vs a Bergara OEM trigger in the Wilderness series. The B14 Wilderness is a fantastic value but I think the premier is worth the upgrade. If you're ever over this way, hit me up and you can see them live. I have two Ridgeback's, two Premier Mountains and an Approach. What's funny is that I don't own an HMR at all and it's their most popular rifle :)
I think the HMR is the most popular cause it checks off many boxes for the style and use of long range target while also being feasible for hunting. I like the ridgeback for sure and I don't mind it being a 10# gun cause I actually prefer a little heavier rifle for the simple fact that the weight helps me hold steady.

TNRifleman

I think the HMR is the most popular cause it checks off many boxes for the style and use of long range target while also being feasible for hunting. I like the ridgeback for sure and I don't mind it being a 10# gun cause I actually prefer a little heavier rifle for the simple fact that the weight helps me hold steady.
With scopes, both of my Ridgebacks push 14 lbs. they shoot like lasers though.

MusicCityCajun

I once owned 7 Tikkas. Now I have zero. I won't tell you how many Bergaras I own.
What's your reasoning?
I am looking at Tikka t3x lite, Bergara b14, or weatherby Vanguard. also trying to decide between .308 and 7mm-08. I'd prefer the 7-08 but with ammo harder to find I think .308 will be more readily available in shortages. Any input on these options?

Most shots are deer within 200 yards btw. But also like plinking with the gun at the range occasionally.

DaveTN

I'd prefer the 7-08 but with ammo harder to find I think .308 will be more readily available in shortages. Any input on these options?
I would choose .308 for the reason you stated. Also, it's always been my centerfire "go to" rifle round as it will do anything. But as ammo comes back online I suspect, and hope, it will be next after .223.

I added a couple of "new" handgun calibers that weren't real common and I wasn't stocked up on just prior to CRB. I ended up selling them because I either couldn't get ammo or the price was just crazy. .308 "had" a lot of cheap foreign or surplus options for range shooting or roughing in a scope prior to using the good stuff. I assume that will pick back up.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I once owned 7 Tikkas. Now I have zero. I won't tell you how many Bergaras I own.
I've got a couple Tikka's. One in 30.06 that my wife bought me several years ago. And a 7/08 t3x lite that she surprised me with for my birthday. So I'll always keep those guns. I'd love to have a bergara in 7/08 or 6.5 to. I have a Savage 116 light weight in 6.5 that's lights out. My boy loves it. Already claimed it and has killed 6 deer with it (he's 9). He told me couple weeks ago if I wanted to use it I could lol.

Latest posts