TN turkey Facebook

Setterman

catman529":2w5id3xp said:
Setterman":2w5id3xp said:
Randall is a complete tool. I don't care about his post towards me but his knowledge is severely limited. He likes to think he's an all knowing hunter but reality is he isn't and each post he makes reveals that.

I threatened his precious credit by calling him out and he played the ive been hunting turkeys for 100 years card. Always a dead give away.

I'm now like the boogeyman waiting for him to post something idiotic to highlight his incompetence
if you're gonna get banned from the group you might as well do it in style. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha, I feel like being banned might save me from understanding the googan breadth in this sport. Haha

megalomaniac

You guys have to understand there are some old timers with a LOT of experience in one particular locale.

That extensive experience in one area makes them think that all birds in all locales act the same way.

Once you realize that all birds are different, and all birds change their personalities from day to day (and even within the same day), you become a more effective killer.

While his cookie cutter mold probably fits the generalization of the population in his area, it nowhere applies to the rest of the US at any particular time.

Heck, in south MS, birds started breeding mid March. I got this pic a couple days after Ethan killed his bird last Sat. Season is closed, but Tom's are still servicing the jennies and adult hens that are have to renest.

Oh, gobblers don't cutt. At least I've never heard one do that. And I listen to them every day if the year. Closest cadence to a cutt I've heard was the soft clucks that come after the longer whine they make when they want to fight. But it's not loud.

beb11e9ea5aaf14ecad21d93ce275011.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

catman529

megalomaniac":21kn6y1d said:
You guys have to understand there are some old timers with a LOT of experience in one particular locale.

That extensive experience in one area makes them think that all birds in all locales act the same way.

Once you realize that all birds are different, and all birds change their personalities from day to day (and even within the same day), you become a more effective killer.

While his cookie cutter mold probably fits the generalization of the population in his area, it nowhere applies to the rest of the US at any particular time.

Heck, in south MS, birds started breeding mid March. I got this pic a couple days after Ethan killed his bird last Sat. Season is closed, but Tom's are still servicing the jennies and adult hens that are have to renest.

Oh, gobblers don't cutt. At least I've never heard one do that. And I listen to them every day if the year. Closest cadence to a cutt I've heard was the soft clucks that come after the longer whine they make when they want to fight. But it's not loud.

beb11e9ea5aaf14ecad21d93ce275011.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I agree he seems to have his certain spots he has hunted for years, and no doubt he knows those birds better than most.

Turkeys also start breeding mid March here in middle TN and I've seen em breed into early/mid May as well. I've observed with my own eyes, not just heard about it.

And I too have never heard a gobbler cutt. I've heard them yelp once or twice, mainly in the fall. I've heard them putt loudly (haven't we all) and heard the fighting purrs, but never have I ever heard one cutt like an excited hen. I may not have been hunting for 50 years, but I hunt more than a lot of people and heard enough turkey talk to say I don't think gobblers will cutt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

woodsman04

Don't know the Tennessee turkey page or the Randall googan type guy at all. Also very skeptical of what he says gobblers doing the cutting to re group because he has no credit in anything else he says.

That being said, when you fall turkey hunt and manage to scatter a flock of gobblers, specifically young gobblers (1-1/2 year olds) they will do some loud clucking and/or cutting with yelps to re group. Not every time, and not even most of the time, but they will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rem270

Well I thought I was on the TTH page but apparently not. I asked to join but they haven't accepted. The goon running it must remember me from TDH because he's one of Wes Stone's biggest worshippers.

Andy S.

megalomaniac":3od7hjrr said:

Every turkey hunter, both young and old, newby and veteran, needs to read this, and re-read it 1,000 times before they give ALL KNOWING advice about turkey hunting/killing.

One man's pet yard turkey(s) behaves NOTHING like another man's purely wild mountain turkey(s) that rarely sees a field opening, much less a human being on a day to day basis.

Latest posts