Ticks and chiggers and turks

adirondack46r

Haven't done a lot of turkey hunting in TN but I plan to this year. I was wondering if the ticks and chiggers are as bad during turkey season as they are during early bow season. Do I need to dope up to keep them off?

Thanks for the info.

Grizzly Johnson

That would be a good idea. I know where I hunt, if you don't spray down, the mosquitos will either suck you dry or carry you off.....

Huntaholic

I work in the woods every day, and the permethrin based products (sawyers, and permanone) are the ONLY things that will keep ticks off!

Coach

buzz mcmanus said:
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_78434____SearchResults

Best stuff there is. I normally buy 2 or 3 packs of it when I find it. I think me and the wifey are going to Bass Pro next week, I'll pick you some up if you want. I personally like the wash-in better than the spray.

I forgot to add, the ticks are worse in the spring, IMO.

Wonder how safe that stuff is...??

Buzzard Breath

Coach said:
buzz mcmanus said:
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_78434____SearchResults

Best stuff there is. I normally buy 2 or 3 packs of it when I find it. I think me and the wifey are going to Bass Pro next week, I'll pick you some up if you want. I personally like the wash-in better than the spray.

Wonder how safe that stuff is...??
It causes cancer. They say do not come in direct contact with it in its liquid form. It will actually form a chemical bond with your clothing and it is supposed to be safe after that. Can't be any worse than DEET.

TennTurkeyHunter

Skeeters are the main thing here in East TN. You will pick a tick or 2. But not really bad I have never gotten into seed ticks during early Turk season. But you could when it heats up a little.

buckdead

seed ticks can be vicious later on during during turkey season. Chiggers show up on the end of the season, but i dont know of anything that will keep them off of you. OFF doesnt seem to fase them things.

ShaneHallum

Seed ticks are terrible for Turk in Dekalb Co. I've got scars all over my legs from the ticks, and chiggers.

Maybe this year will be better. it's been a wet winter. lol

adirondack46r

buzz mcmanus said:

Hey Buzz, That would be great if you grab me some of this. I'm still in FL but I'll give you a call when I get back in town next week.

Bob

dhowski

TennTurkeyHunter said:
Skeeters are the main thing here in East TN. You will pick a tick or 2. But not really bad I have never gotten into seed ticks during early Turk season. But you could when it heats up a little.

I was in cleveland at the end of bow season and I walked into a nest of chigger larva and babies. I literally had thousands of them all over me. It really freaked me out. My friend even had me convinced that if I rubbed cedar branches on my body that they would come off. I looked like a fool but him and his dad got a good laugh... ;)

Latest posts