Tick Study

scn

What is the concentration of Permethrin? If it is 10%, then yes, a 20 to 1 mixture works fine.
I treated turkey hunting stuff today and got down below my comfort zone of the Martins I keep in stock. Walmart actually had it with free shipping, so I re-supplied.

The link reverted back to being on my account, so I deleted it. If you go to Walmart and search for Martin's 10% Permithrin, it will show up. $35 for a 32 0z bottle without the petroleum base as BSK has pointed out. It will let you mix it up to a heavier concentration than what you can normally buy.

Last edited:

BSK

I treated turkey hunting stuff today and got down below my comfort zone of the Martins I keep in stock. Walmart actually had it with free shipping, so I re-supplied:

The link works-not sure where the robot or human comes from!
And for those who don't know, Martin's brand permethrin is one of the only concentrate brands that does not contain petroleum products. Most add petroleum so it will stick to cattle. Those work fine, but you will smell like an oil refinery. Martin's has no petroleum.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
And for those who don't know, Martin's brand permethrin is one of the only concentrate brands that does not contain petroleum products. Most add petroleum so it will stick to cattle. Those work fine, but you will smell like an oil refinery. Martin's has no petroleum.
I get the Kennel Dip 2 from local Coop. It is also one without petroleum.

Omega

Only the 10%, the stronger 13.3% has petroleum in it.

FredRog72

Need more possums!

I hunted all over Georgia my whole life and ticks were not an issue, chiggers, whole different story, but very random did you get a tick and that was more North GA than South GA. Then I moved to TN and started hunting Decatur County. Dear lord does West TN have its share of ticks. I walked away from leasing one property because the ticks were standing guard at the entrance. I had no clue what Sawyers even was until 2016. I posed the question to a few about ticks spreading CWD and was looked at like I had 3 heads. My simple mind says, figure out how to get rid of the ticks and CWD takes a huge downturn. Again, need more possums in West TN.

JCDEERMAN

Need more possums!

I posed the question to a few about ticks spreading CWD and was looked at like I had 3 heads. My simple mind says, figure out how to get rid of the ticks and CWD takes a huge downturn. Again, need more possums in West TN.
I don't totally buy in to that. I've seen recent studies that show possums don't have much effect on ticks. Regardless, we kill them all. Every single one - for the benefits of hopeful turkey nesting success.

One thing that will do a number on ticks is fire. It needs to happen far more than it does…everywhere, even on our own property. We have plans over the next 5 years to have burn units on close to 50% of our property.

Latest posts