thougthts about wildgame 2.0IR

clay80

I have bought a wildgame 2.0 IR and was wondering if anyone is using one and what they thought about it. Got them cheap, but i am putting them on public land and didnt want to go expensive. Although you have to go through private land to get to this spot, you just never know about people now days. Any tips that would help me get the most out of what i'm about to get. Never had any cameras before.

tree spider

Used them and didn't like. Point them in a direction that the sun will never shine on the lenses. I had blurry pics from glare when they were barely exposed to sun light. Hope this helps. Found that the Primose cams are real good but would worry about theft more with them

AlabamaSwamper

We have 8 between us since last year. Got some good deals on them and didn't have much to lose.

The 2.0 has some pro's and con's. Out of 8, I think I can give a good review. We've had one not work right. ONe had to be reset and may not be perfect now. Their CS is pretty good though. We'll see how good.

Pro's

For a $50 or less camera, the trigger is pretty darn quick. Quicker than any of the higher end Moultries we've owned. Better than the Stealth cams we've owned also. I get good center view pics of deer walking on trails. I get very few pics of nothing, I mean very few.

Battery life is good. Duracell batteries will last forever. Energizer batteries don't but that should tell you which batteries are better.

Set-up is easy. Basically turn on, turn off, turn back on once you initially set them up.

Picture quality for a 2.0 is good daytime.

Cons:

Hate the flash. Night pics are average for cameras. This is the biggest problem I have with them. It's not bad mind you. I'll post up some pics off one at the bottom.

Only other thing is the two I've had problems with. One only took 1/2 frame picture at night for some reason. The other wouldn't take a picture at all. As I said, so far their CS has been top notch.

Oct3.jpg

Difference in pics in the 2.0 to 4.0 WG at night.

big8.jpg

clay80

Thank you. I have had it in the woods for about a week now. I'm going to go check it. Not really to see what it has been taken pictures of, more to see if it is working right. This is the first camera that i have owned and just trying to get a feel for it before i go with one more expensive. My wife got ahold of my camera and some camo tape and made the thing almost invisible in the woods. I covered up the red light indicator so hopefully when i go back to check it it will be there. If it survives the rest of the year then i will upgrade. Thanks for the comments.

Latest posts